The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 10-02-2023, 05:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, Fitzee has two so I think I can get away with it. ; )
Actually, I'm glad you tipped me to it.
I watched the video more than once and I really liked the review and I like the machine.
I'm just starting to repair and restore my 66 GTO that's been sitting under the carport for years now. It's going to take a lot of welding and I'm going to do the work on that location, so 110 volt and small size are appealing to me for this project.

Old 10-02-2023, 05:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

sounds good, let us know how you like it

I see it is $500 CAN now on amazon.ca, very reasonable if it lives up to the reviews

Old 10-02-2023, 06:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I might be late on this, but I bought an inverter TIG about 5 years ago. Its red so maybe a Lincoln. I can't use it very well and gave up. Im glad it also does stick. TIG is hard to master.

Old 10-02-2023, 06:31 PM
Senior Chief

I think you’ll love that welder Greg. I’ve enjoyed watching the trend shift away from strictly blue vs red as far as what people deem “good machines” goes. Over the past few years several companies have established names for themselves that have features and reliability that are rivaling those “traditional” brands. This has been one of the few instances I can see where we as consumers are benefiting as doors open to new innovative companies.

Glad to see that machine has variable inductance. Aside from having infinite digital settings, I think inductance adjustability is one of the most valuable features. I’m a firm believer in using what works for you personally as opposed to someone else’s strict guidelines and settings. Once I get the voltage and wire feed speed dialed in, inductance is a great way to slightly tweak the bead profile to your preference. This is a great option if you’re one of those people that likes to go in hot with tacks on sheet metal instead of trying to weld beads and deal with heat issues. On a machine that adjusts the inductance for you, it has no idea your welding sheet as the value scales linearly as your settings increase. Essentially, you’ll be able to tailor your bead (or short bead, spot,…) profile/shape to exactly what suits you best. Sorry if I just confuse things lol. I really just like the setting as a final tweak once your speed and amperage are dialed in. You can play with it so you get full penetration yet still have a nice taller “bead” you can knock down and blend into your panel.

I’ll quit rambling! Post a review of that machine once you get it!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy11 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2023, 09:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Interesting. That must be the third adjustment knob that I was wondering about. I'll read up on it.

Old 10-02-2023, 09:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twister View Post
I might be late on this, but I bought an inverter TIG about 5 years ago. Its red so maybe a Lincoln. I can't use it very well and gave up. Im glad it also does stick. TIG is hard to master.
Basically, I started this thread interested in a TIG welder but wound up buying this welder based on it's MIG performance. Something that I wasn't even thinking about doing.

Old 10-06-2023, 05:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well... it's here. I'm definitely going to experience a learning curve here. There are a lot more adjustments than I know about. Some of them may not apply to MIG applications... I don't know yet but I'll read up on it all. Maybe do a Fitzee and just start making sparks.
I didn't know it was dual input voltage ready..110/220 by using the included jumper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20231005_131010177_HDR.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	621195  

The Following User Says Thank You to Greg Reid For This Useful Post: