67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 06-23-2021, 02:02 PM

Exclamation Moog 6310 coil springs

Have you ever installed Moog 6310 front coil springs on your Firebird?

Old 06-23-2021, 02:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I used the 5370s which are close. They are fine, but 100% honestly if I had to do it ever again I would go with a stiffer shorter aftermarket spring. Even if you dont want to lower it. The aftermarket offerings are going to be better, closer matched units most likely.

If you want to save a little bit of money you can go through Moogs catalog and find something you want out of there. Just make sure the ends are the same for your application. I did that for my galaxie because there arent many aftermarket offerings for it. But again I wanted stiffer and shorter than factory. So I just browsed until I found something that matched what I needed.

However with first gen F bodies there are more options so I wouldnt waste the time.

https://www.moog-suspension-parts.co...il_springs.asp this lets you sort and look easily.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports
The Following User Says Thank You to RocktimusPryme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2021, 04:10 PM

Thank you RocktimusPryme,
Your car's stance looks pretty awesome to me. Question, was there any settling to those Springs after you installed them?

Old 06-23-2021, 04:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodjohn71 View Post
Thank you RocktimusPryme,
Your car's stance looks pretty awesome to me. Question, was there any settling to those Springs after you installed them?
Not really that I noticed. Im not 100% that the profile picture is with the new springs. That might be with the original saggy ones. Which looked cool but rubbed hard on bumps.

I know with the new springs if I have my drag wheels on the front looks too high. Im probably going to use Global West 1" lowering springs. But if you wanted to stay stock height I think that is available too.

Ill get some pictures this after noon and post them.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports
The Following User Says Thank You to RocktimusPryme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2021, 05:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

Agreed, if you're looking for a stock like appearance, I would opt for the Global Wes 1" drop springs or the SPC 1.3" drop springs.

A lot of the new "stock" springs aren't really spec'd properly. They have a single part number for camaro/firebird 67-69. The problem is the springs changed depending on the car, it's options etc. So 1 in maybe 5 purchases are actually the "correct" spring. Mot of the time the car ends up sitting quite a bit higher than it's supposed to.

The first gen F-body is also terribly undersprung and under-damped in factory form. Going with a heavier spring package and a quality shock will help with ride quality, handling and over-all driveability. That's always my recommendation unless the car is a numbers matching concourse deal where 100% originality is necessary.

Old 06-23-2021, 07:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is for sure with the new moog springs and repro multileafs in the back.

It looks pretty normal with the Rally wheels. With my Race Stars on, both tires being slightly shorter it looks a little more dorky in the stance department.

Needs to come down in the front about 1-1.5 and maybe .5-1” in the back. I need to replace all my control arm bushings. When I do that I’m going to use a lowering spring.

Mine is a no AC car with aluminum heads-intake-radiator. So I was thinking I would probably use the Global West 1” lowering spring for an SBC Camaro to get the full inch.

The s41 spring is for a normal Firebird. The back I’ll probably just live with. Leaf springs are expensive.

Also since we mentioned dampening, I have Bilstein HD shocks in the front. Great performance per dollar.

Cool springs aren’t that expensive. I don’t hate my Moogs but I would still steer you towards a quality aftermarket unit. Plus the shorter spring is an easier install.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FDE0F383-548C-4847-A4FB-E926CC3FA5D3.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	568742   Click image for larger version

Name:	1364971C-3483-4BA2-A5B7-C2874D1C9620.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	568743   Click image for larger version

Name:	4045BCCF-15A8-4C48-9C03-A3A8D55BE786.jpg
Views:	72