Old 07-14-2021, 11:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 66 upper control arm bushings

Forgot to make a note of this before removing old bushings. The steel can on the new bushings is the same diameter end to end. There is no larger diameter step in the can up near the flange on the end. For this reason, I’m assuming that the new bushings should be pressed all the way into the control arm until the flange on the bushing contacts the collar on the control arm hole. Is that correct?

Old 07-16-2021, 01:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 66 upper control arm bushings

Never mind. Did some measuring that confirmed that the bushings need to be pressed all the way in and that’s how I installed them.

Old 07-16-2021, 02:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry M. Hunt View Post
Never mind. Did some measuring that confirmed that the bushings need to be pressed all the way in and that’s how I installed them.
Yes & do not tighten any bushings until on the ground with all weight applied.