Performance Parts For Sale/Wanted Just Performance, non-stock, trailers, tools and related accessories here.

Old 07-28-2021, 11:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Wanted: Holley #3310 primary metering block with ported vacuum source

For some reason the nipple above the mixture screw in the metering block I have is supplying full manifold vacuum.

Old 07-29-2021, 07:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That usually happens when the idle speed set screw is turned up to high. Take the carb off and look to see if the vacuum port is exposed.

Tom V has and excellent thread in the street section that explains the proper location of the butterflies that will prevent your issue.

Old 07-29-2021, 08:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
That usually happens when the idle speed set screw is turned up to high. Take the carb off and look to see if the vacuum port is exposed.

Tom V has and excellent thread in the street section that explains the proper location of the butterflies that will prevent your issue.
And, if you have the throttle blades open that far, it's probably dripping fuel from the primary boosters too.

The Following User Says Thank You to JSchmitz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2021, 01:09 PM
Boost Engineer

YEP or the Fuel Level in the Bowls is set wrong too.
If the fuel bowls are stock bowls, then the fuel level needs to be just below the bottom of the hole when you take the brass screw out of the side of the bowl.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

From some research I did some 3310 (780) did not have ported vacuum source. I bought this carb a few yrs ago . Is from a 60s chevelle 396 . I followed the channel from the vacuum connection to the base of the carb to verify. Is full vacuum.

Old 07-29-2021, 01:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by llwta76 View Post
From some research I did some 3310 (780) did not have ported vacuum source. I bought this carb a few yrs ago . Is from a 60s chevelle 396 . I followed the channel from the vacuum connection to the base of the carb to verify. Is full vacuum.
Interesting. I went through a Factory 396 Holley for an old neighbor years ago. I tested it on my '65 Chevelle. That thing worked fantastic! He decided to go TPI and sold the carb to someone real cheap. I was kinda pissed that he never used it and I didn't get a chance to buy it! Lol!

Old 07-29-2021, 03:46 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchmitz View Post
Interesting. I went through a Factory 396 Holley for an old neighbor years ago. I tested it on my '65 Chevelle. That thing worked fantastic! He decided to go TPI and sold the carb to someone real cheap. I was kinda pissed that he never used it and I didn't get a chance to buy it! Lol!
I have about 20 of the factory Holley #3310 Holley carbs (Chevy #s on the airhorn and application like EH for a BB Chevy). How many do you want to buy?

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a 3310-3 main body for sale but it is not from a factory muscle car stock item. mine with the metering block verified as ported source with vac gauge hooked up at idle.

69 Gto, 390 posi gears,th400 w/jim hand converter/406 pontiac/#64 HEADS/ 10:1 compression/ 190 PSI with/ TRW 160 thou domes / hooker headers 1 7/8, PRW 1.5 rockers, 405 Crower Springs, Holley 750 vac with proform upgrade, Performer RPM on points / 284 H Single Pattern Crane