Old 07-11-2021, 06:10 PM

Default Replacement Radio for '62 Catalina

My aftermarket radio in the '62 Catalina has gone terminal. This was in the car when I bought it & was fine until now. Looking for a replacement that will fit nicely in the dash. Do not want to remote mount a new head unit somewhere else. I do not have an OE radio to convert nor do I want to. Planning to contact Custom Autosound & Retrosound for replacement options but wanted to hear from the forum. Just want a good AM/FM radio driving the front dash speaker.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Radio.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	569598  

Old 07-29-2021, 02:58 PM

Installed a new unit from Retro Sound that looks good, fits well & sounds great. Recommend them as an aftermarket supplier for those without an OE radio to convert as their website was very informative & the tech support staff was available by phone & knowledgeable. People at Custom Autosound were contacted but not interested in my application. Only downside so far is seeing the display as the "PONTIAC" overlay blocks part of the view.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210728_150650.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	570606  

Old 07-30-2021, 01:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I recently installed Custom Auto Sound's 740 radio in my 1962 Bonneville. It has Blue Tooth, USB and CD controls. You supply the measurements and they will make the adjustment for it to fit. I used the original radio surround and knobs for a better look but even as shipped it fits well.