Old 05-03-2021, 01:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 69 GrandPrix tire size w 14x7 wheels

Were H70-14 Polyglas tires the stock size of raised letter tires avail on a '69 GP?

I have never sent off for PHS on my 428HO '69 project & don't have a reference to note tire size.
Am looking at an NOS set of H70-14 Goodyear Poly glas small letter tires that an old friend bought & properly stored for over 30 years ago. He did so in anticipation of putting a show set of tires/wheels together for his low mile 428HO SJ. At that time, we drove 4 hours & met with a Shelby collector who was also a longtime Goodyear rep, with me buying NOS G70-14's, which Kelsey stated for quite a few years would not be reproduced.

Old 05-03-2021, 03:09 PM

This page of the 1969 factory owner's manual says G78-14 was standard equipment and G70-14 was optional: http://oldcarbrochures.org/United%20...Manual-54.html I'm not sure I'd trust a set of 30 year old tires.

Old 05-06-2021, 10:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you Stuart, I didnt see anything about the H70's being optional on the SJ's, I'm guessing the set of H70-14's that were on the car when my old friend bought the car were the first set of replacements, as it was a rel low mile car.