Old 06-04-2021, 07:16 PM
Senior Chief

Default 70 GTO quarter glass question

I am getting ready to do my quarter glass. I need to replace vertical sash chrome. Who makes a good one? Also what size and thickness do I need for the glass setting tape? Thanks Steve

Old 06-07-2021, 08:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ames sell both items, I recently installed them and had no issues.

J146W is the sash channel set. Ames mentions that it comes with the setting tape but they recommend you use their F224J tape (sold per foot) which is slightly thicker from what I could tell.

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...
Old 06-07-2021, 03:07 PM
Senior Chief

Seal material on my set was to "thick" I glued the chrome part on and it looked good. This was about 1.5 years ago.
Paul

May want to call Ames and check if this is still an issue. They knew about it when I called after the problem and were good about it.