Old 06-27-2021, 07:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Cig housing

Long story short, bought a a/f gauge needs to be hooked up to the lighter..........well that hasent worked for the last 22 yrs.........no wire hooked up to it, cant seem to find this one in the ames catalog..........so any idea on what i got here and what color the wire would be to hook this one up................cant seem to find my electric catalog for a 66. wiring.

Thanks

Rich
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cig housing.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	568896  

Old 06-27-2021, 08:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What you have appears to be the Casco-style lighter socket (minus the knob, element, or retaining sleeve). A replacement is available, and can be found on P.69 of the current Ames catalogue (P/N A274NF), and it includes the wire. You'll want to confirm that you indeed have a Casco-style cigarette lighter element & knob before placing an order, though. See the diagrams in the Ames catalogue.

Reason for thinking you have the Casco-style vs. Rochester is that I just received a new Rochester-style cig lighter kit from Ames last week, and the lighter socket that I received does not have the openings closest to the threads like yours does.

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild
Old 06-27-2021, 08:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks bud, that part number looks different than what i have, although that doesnt mean much nowadays...........heres what i took off the car today..............any help on the color of the wire that hooks into this would be great............seems like i have a few colors to choose from. lol

Rich
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PY Pic.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	568907  

Old 06-28-2021, 12:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The wire for the cigar lighter on my 66 is orange. Hope that helps!

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild