Old 07-29-2021, 12:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default I think I put rear trailing arms on backwards!

I'm done with my restoration (almost). I ordered a rear sway bar for my 72 Lemans. The bar wouldn't go far enough forward to line up my holes I drilled after welding in the inserts for boxing the arms. I had asked quite a while ago if there was a front and rear to the arms. I believe I was told they are symmetrical and can go either way. I don't remember if I asked or was directed wrong on if the drilled holes for bar go more forward. But, that's how they are installed and looks like the holes for bar should be more toward rear for bar to fit holes. It looks like they have to be turned around or switch sides. Yes?

Old 07-29-2021, 01:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The rear control arms can be installed either way...unless you have a rear anti-sway bar. Then the holes for the anti-sway bar go towards the rear. If you put the holes in the correct location you should be able to just reinstall the control arms in the reverse of how they're installed now. Good luck.

Old 07-29-2021, 03:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's what I thought. Thanks. At least it's fixable. It was easier to get at these and leverage them out without the body on. It may be a bit of a struggle now that it's all together. Even worse, I had the guy doing my alignment torque those bolts, since I had a hard time leveraging those on the ground on my back. Impact back off and back to him to torque I guess.