THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2021, 05:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Hail Protection

In the near future (once my resto is done) I will have one more vehicle than garage space (daily driver will be driveway bound). We get quite a few threats of hail storms in the summer months and 4 years ago my daily was totaled due to baseball sized-hail.

I'd like to protect my daily, but haven't seen any 'covers' that really are up to the task for more than pea-sized hail...until I saw this - The Hail Protector. Kinda crazy idea (ala 'what would the neighbors think').

Predominantly great reviews, but setup looks to be a bit complicated. The manufacturer/reviews state you need to practice ahead of time and know how to cinch correctly for wind stability. Also looks like it would be best for 2 or more people to do quickly enough. I assume the more negative reviews about setup are from those that couldn't be bothered.

Anyone have experience with this system or have viable alternatives (aside from a dedicated storage area)? Can't build onto the house.

Thx!

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400