Old 06-10-2014, 02:09 PM

Default 1981 GMC Caballero

Very solid, straight, rust free body on this 81 GMC Caballero. Garaged all it's life and still in original paint though it is faded, or should I say great patina! Door gaps and hood & tailgate gaps are all nice and even. Doors close solid. Straight bumpers, good grille and trim. I bought it from the original owners widow in 2006.
Right away I replaced all the front end parts. Ball joints, tie rods, bushings, drag link, idler arm, shocks. Redid the front brakes and put new tires on restored Rally 2 wheels. Drives great!
The 305 V8 had the first computer controlled Q-jet and they suck so I went with a new Edelbrock Performer carb & intake and new stock HEI dist. Runs great!
Interior needs TLC yet. Needs door panels, carpet & headliner. Seat shows wear but not trashed. Dash has one small crack on pass side.
It was my daily driver for about a year and then sold it to my sister who only used it for an occasional trip to the greenhouse and lumberyard. No more more than 10K put on it since the work done in 2006.
305/350, PS, PDB, A/C, tilt, CC (unhooked), spilt bench seat with power driver side, dual sport mirrors - driver side remote.
I have the original Rally wheels and wheel well trim too.

In Wichita, Ks, come see it when you come for the POCI in 2 weeks. $6000

Don
1971 Grand Prix J - Bluestone Gray - Survivor
1967 GTO Hdtp - Montreux Blue - Project
1971 Honda CB500 Four - Orange Metallic - Restored
1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie 500 XL - 427 dual quad - shed find