Old 10-11-2023, 04:29 PM

Default 1966 big car low fuel light

New member, so hello all.
While new here, I am not new to 65-66 big Pontiacs, currently working on my 1966 bonneville. A few days ago I was driving to the gas station, and the low fuel light had been on for about 2 days, and just before I got to the gas station the light cut off, I assumed the bulb burned out. Jump to today, I purchased the correct bulb, went to change it and the old bulb is good, tested and verified it.
Gauge itself functions as normal, Decided to pull the gauge, and bench test the low fuel light circuit. Using a variable power supple, gauge needle sweeps the full range, but light never comes on. I pulled the low fuel light unit from the gauge and removed the old potting compound and it appears the low level circuit is 4 resistors and a transistor of some kind. I would like to replace the components, however I’m stuck on the transistor, the numbers on the body are partially missing, and the remaining ones do not mean anything to me, IE they don’t follow any type of format I’m familiar with. The wiring diagrams I have for the car do not include the low fuel level light, or speed control options. Does anyone have a diagram including these, and/or knowledge of the components in the low fuel level circuitry?

Thanks, Jason.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5269.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	621479   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5267.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	621480  

Last edited by jm947313; 10-11-2023 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Typo