67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Very secret/silent club

Old 10-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by intense View Post
Great Pics .... Where those taken on Woodward ?
Yes. Detail description (below) was found at this tread post: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...&postcount=222

Quote:

1993 GTO Northen Nationals
I'm sure you can pick out Jim Wangers from his profile. I'll give you a hint. He's standing between the '69 T/A and the '65 Tiger Gold GTO.

1993 Caravan. My '68 GTO convert Bobcat, Jim Wangers' '69 T/A, Jerry Treleven's '65 Tiger Gold Give-A-Way car with gold Hurst wheels and gold Hurst shifter.

Jerry Treleven and his friend brought the '65 GTO all the way from Wisconsin for the GTO Northern Nationals held at PMD's World Head Quarters.

On Woodward we came across a '69 GTO Bobcat clone who lined up with Jim Wangers in his '69 T/A.

Coming back from a GTO gathering at the A&W. The three of us lined up and ran off the lights in down town Pontiac on Wide Track. We did it again on this beautiful stretch of Woodward Ave. Jim Wangers' felt enough was enough and pulled in behind the '65 GTO.

We were on the tail end of 100 plus GTO's cruising Woodward that evening.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Suspended

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
Very secret/silent club
And a very small #'s club.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Imagine a roundport in that group! Wow...

Probably as select as the 1 of 5 69 roundport Judge vert club? Last member paid a handsome entry fee.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebob View Post
John,
Totally agree. All this chatter and vacation pics are nice and all but I don't really give a sh.. It seems that the guys in the know, know where all the verts are and who owns them. I realize some of these guys are kind of private about their collections but I also know that they haven't owned them forever either so there should be pics of all 8, if they are stilll in existence, in somebody's file. Post them up if you dare....
Yeah right! Not gonna happen. Do I need to call somebody a poser?
#8? It's sitting in my garage.

Poser Extraordinaire
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4546.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	260348  

Old 10-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't have a nickel in it, other than living here locally, but I am wondering why these testimonials are not found credible -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
It's in a warehouse in Troy Michigan. Was shipped here from Alberta Ca a few years ago.

He said "What was left of #8 fit in the bed of a pickup truck" and that all that was left was the engine and transmission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
I went to this huge warehouse last year off 14 mile to help a friend purchase a 65 tri power GTO. Amongst the stash of I would say 50 cars, a few 69 T/A's, at least 6 GTO's a 70 Judge and a 73 Buccaneer Red Super Duty with less than 4k on the odometer and many other very nice first gen Firebirds. From talking to a few people there, this warehoused collection belonged to a conglomerate of GM execs and other well-to-do people.

I was approached by the owner of one 69 T/A and struck up a conversation. Since I owned many 67-68's and had 2 now, he introduced me to another guy and we began to talk about a Verdoro green 68 he had on a lift with a 67 underneath. We were shooting the s**t and I made mention of the 69 I was looking at. So then the #8 came up and that was it. I was a nobody there with a friend buying a 65 GTO and he had no reason to impress me or otherwise make the story up. I also had no reason to doubt his integrity or his rationale for the information. The amount of cars there, the condition of the cars, the cleanliness of the warehouse would lead me to believe his word as fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
I know where it is. It's also a 4 speed car too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
Chris, you know I'm not the type to pull someone's chain..... And Todd, you can take Chris' word........ I know of the car and know the owner personally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eric M. Schiffer View Post
Keith, You know who it is but never realized it. You know him well. I'll have him tell you all about the '69 T/A convertible at one of our Saturday morning gatherings. He has had it for several years.
These seem like "no nonsense" members of the PY fraternity to me.

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926

Last edited by Keith Seymore; 10-17-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Suspended

Lightbulb Video Link

6 of 8 topic Here http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=715225

Old 12-07-2012, 07:23 PM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

AH HA HA HA LMAO this sounds just like the nasty mess on go in on over at the Yenko board a decade ago!!!!

Eric, still waiting for you to give up the ghost and tell us where the 350HO car is

Eric and Mike, both of you are good guys I hope you can find a way out of the mud you are in. Life is too short to fight like this, trust me I know

Old 12-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Steve, yes, this stuff is water under the bridge. This thread was from October 2011, well over a year ago.

My Bio: I am currently writing articles for POCI's Smoke Signals magazine and enjoy promoting and discussing the history of the Pontiac Motor Division.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think these guys saw car #7
Same car that was at recent show in partial restore.

4 of the Verts at the show belonged to 1 entity
Wouldn't they be "in the club" enough to know about #8 ?
They have a reward out just for concrete info on #8
The promoter nor the owner of 4 of the 8 knows anymore about #8 now than the rest of us have for the past 40 years.

Thats my take on it until PROVEN DEFACTO otherwise

Old 12-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Do you really think those guys known much more about those cars other than they are 1 of 8 and they have 4 wheels?

Old 12-08-2012, 12:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

lol
omg

Old 12-08-2012, 01:16 AM
formerly Steved400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellyshavilli View Post
Do you really think those guys known much more about those cars other than they are 1 of 8 and they have 4 wheels?
Yes sir Telly, they both do in their respective realms.

Eric whether by fate or dumb luck is right smack in the middle of one thousand things that you and I will never know about.

Mike has put a great deal of research into the after the fact time period.

So they are both right and wrong. And yes I saw your slam on Eric; while you are entitled to your opinion, I would suggest that you take note that Eric is in fact in a position that you or I have never been in and never will be.

Mike, sure I know it was 2011 but these things have a way of festering. Maybe you both worked out in private maybe not; I consider Eric every much a stand up guy as you and I sincerely hope the both of you can let it go or work it out. Eric would actually be a valuable asset to your research; and likewise I know Eric could enjoy your friendship.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Dr.Telly pmD was chopping on me about what i was talking about.
Not Dr.Mike pmD or Dr.Eric phD

i know he's about right on the promoter, and he's probably not far off about the owners either.

but anyway
when/if #8 comes out to face the light of day again someday
we'll call it a car again

Old 12-08-2012, 09:00 AM
formerly Steved400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
Dr.Telly pmD was chopping on me about what i was talking about.
Not Dr.Mike pmD or Dr.Eric phD
My bad then, sorry.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:44 PM

I must say, it's pretty cool being able to say I know one of the original owners. The pics from when he purchased it are priceless.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You know him well. I'll have him tell you all about the '69 T/A convertible at one of our Saturday morning gatherings. He has had it for several years.
Well, Keith, did you find out who it was?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates