67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
i remember when it was on eBay, and the seller could have gotten 2x or 3x more for it if he had handled it more precisely.
Yep, $50 for the PHS could have gotten the mega millions multiplier for the seller!

Old 06-18-2013, 12:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Barbara Eden in recent I Dream of Jeannie harem duds.....imagine the photo ops with the car....$$$.

Not bad for 78 huh...?

Photo: Reuters by Leonhard Foeger

Old 06-18-2013, 06:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jeff, she looks good for any age!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
The Following User Says Thank You to The Boss For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2013, 08:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

for that I would make an exception

Old 06-19-2013, 10:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

only if she called me Master .

How is she 78 ?
That would mean she was in mid 30's while doing the show.
gosh

30-40 years ago ... i'd have been calling HER , Master .

The Following User Says Thank You to Baron Von Zeppelin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2013, 12:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

WOW,isn't that something.........78....all of a sudden,I don't feel so old any more.....

Any info/updates on the car?

Eye Candy......garage band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUPcHxHRx3s

Go full screen & turn it UP!
The Following User Says Thank You to 2manyT/A'S For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2013, 12:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

slightly "off topic"...but still quite interesting,if you haven't seen it before...

Was looking for a Genie in a Firebird on youtube....got a Frog instead...(shades of things to come?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruCya712yJI

Pontiac's media/advertising dept. was certainly doing it's job in Hollywood back then...

Old 06-20-2013, 02:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
only if she called me Master .

How is she 78 ?
That would mean she was in mid 30's while doing the show.
gosh

30-40 years ago ... i'd have been calling HER , Master .
Recent charity event she appeared in costume, they said she was 78;

Googled her DOB and it says:

81 years (August 23, 1931)

Barbara Eden, Age

She has aged graciously, whatever the number...

Old 06-20-2013, 05:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

IMDb states she was born in '34. Also says she graduated High School in '49.

The Following User Says Thank You to Held for Ransom For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2013, 11:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

'34 and '49 would mean she graduated HS at 15 yo.

'31 must be the right birth year .

Gosh , she was 38 when doing the show in 1969.
i woulda guessed early 20's in 1969.

If Larry Hagman never got to tap threads into that stuff - he wasn't worthy of driving those GTO's .

The Following User Says Thank You to Baron Von Zeppelin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2013, 09:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

She could have graduated young or not graduated at all and dropped out in '49.

But it is hard to dispute official records.

Sources claim (haven't been able to find a supposed copy of it) that her birth certificate from Tucson, Arizona where she was born Barbara Jean Morehead (father Hubert Henry Morehead) shows her birth date as August 23, 1931.

In the 1930 census, Hubert was registered as a son, single, living with his parents in Tucson. He was 19 at the time. That record is public.

The marriage between Barbara's mom and birth dad didn't last long and her parents supposedly divorced (not sure if any records exist of the marriage), and mom eventually moved her to San Francisco. Her mom remarried to Harrison Huffman, perhaps before the move. Sources indicate her mother was Alice Mary Huffman.

In the 1940 census, Barbara Jean Huffman was listed as a daughter, age 8.

Check for yourself:

http://1940census.archives.gov/searc..._text=Bookmark

Note, mom was 24, which means she was about 16 when Barbara was born. Also note, the census shows her as Mary Alice, not Alice Mary. Perhaps she went by her middle name?

They shared a rental with his sister and a guy I'll assume was sister's significant other. Mostly because it shows both as "M", married, but that crossed out and a "7" written, whatever that signified.

In 1935, Harrison, Mary Alice, and Barbara Jean had resided in El Paso. Not sure why, but whoever wrote El Paso, Texas for Barbara Jean, was not the same as wrote it for Harrison and Mary Alice. But I don't think that means the record is "suspect".

Harrison and Mary Alice were both born in Texas. If I was betting, I'd bet the census taker crossed up the Birth Places for the sister and the "lodger". I'd bet the sister was also born in Texas, same as Harrison.

Anyway, given that Barbara was 8 at the time of the 1940 census (age at last birthday), pretty certain that her true birthday was August 23, 1931. Assuming they didn't make a mistake with her age. It also says she had completed 2nd grade, which would also jibe with her age at that time.

It was (and maybe still is) very common for actresses to shave years off their age. No surprise that Barbara Eden would have done so early in her career, probably at the advice of a Hollywood publicist.

You think Barbara Eden looks pretty good for 78? What do you think, knowing that she will be 82 in 2 months? I'll caution that, she might not look quite so young in her birthday suit, but still....

The Following User Says Thank You to John V. For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V. View Post
She could have graduated young or not graduated at all and dropped out in '49.

But it is hard to dispute official records.

Sources claim (haven't been able to find a supposed copy of it) that her birth certificate from Tucson, Arizona where she was born Barbara Jean Morehead (father Hubert Henry Morehead) shows her birth date as August 23, 1931.

In the 1930 census, Hubert was registered as a son, single, living with his parents in Tucson. He was 19 at the time. That record is public.

The marriage between Barbara's mom and birth dad didn't last long and her parents supposedly divorced (not sure if any records exist of the marriage), and mom eventually moved her to San Francisco. Her mom remarried to Harrison Huffman, perhaps before the move. Sources indicate her mother was Alice Mary Huffman.

In the 1940 census, Barbara Jean Huffman was listed as a daughter, age 8.

Check for yourself:

http://1940census.archives.gov/searc..._text=Bookmark

Note, mom was 24, which means she was about 16 when Barbara was born. Also note, the census shows her as Mary Alice, not Alice Mary. Perhaps she went by her middle name?

They shared a rental with his sister and a guy I'll assume was sister's significant other. Mostly because it shows both as "M", married, but that crossed out and a "7" written, whatever that signified.

In 1935, Harrison, Mary Alice, and Barbara Jean had resided in El Paso. Not sure why, but whoever wrote El Paso, Texas for Barbara Jean, was not the same as wrote it for Harrison and Mary Alice. But I don't think that means the record is "suspect".

Harrison and Mary Alice were both born in Texas. If I was betting, I'd bet the census taker crossed up the Birth Places for the sister and the "lodger". I'd bet the sister was also born in Texas, same as Harrison.

Anyway, given that Barbara was 8 at the time of the 1940 census (age at last birthday), pretty certain that her true birthday was August 23, 1931. Assuming they didn't make a mistake with her age. It also says she had completed 2nd grade, which would also jibe with her age at that time....
John - I am seriously laughing out loud at this...

You, my friend, are sumptin else...

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
The Following User Says Thank You to Keith Seymore For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2013, 10:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
It means he had white walls instead of redlines....

(lol)

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
The Following User Says Thank You to Keith Seymore For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

It was (and maybe still is) very common for actresses to shave years off their age. No surprise that Barbara Eden would have done so early in her career, probably at the advice of a Hollywood publicist.

You think Barbara Eden looks pretty good for 78? What do you think, knowing that she will be 82 in 2 months? I'll caution that, she might not look quite so young in her birthday suit, but still....
No disrespect to a lovely lady (and our favorite genie) but you could probably buy NICE restored examples of ALL the "cool old Pontiacs" that were used in the series for less $$$ than she's spent on "cosmetic" surgery....

Old 09-21-2016, 02:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I did a search and wanted to ask a question, is this thread about the same car in this picture?

I ask because that car was in an open storage yard on I-5 in Castaic CA for decades (the above picture is exactly how I saw it for years and years). It could be seen easily from the freeway and I tried over the years a bunch of times to buy the car but the lady than ran the storage yard said she gets lots of people wanting to contact the owner but that she was on strict orders not to pass the owners info onto anyone, that he has ZERO interest in selling it.

If this is the same car, I'm simply interested to know how it was finally purchased and when?

I found that above image of it in the Castaic storage yard on Google looking for something else. I've never even seen the TV show it was allegedly in so at the time I knew nothing about that. I always figured it was someones hack job at a TA 'vert clone.