67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Senior Chief

Thank you GUCCIENG you allbut answered my question I know the width is correct & the diameter all I have to worry about is are my wheels of the correct backspacing! The plot thickens.Also do you have the answer to my question about the rally stripes? Dave

Old 01-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

here's some info for the stripes: http://firstgenfirebird.org/FAQ/body...ms_strips.html

i tried some red ones on my 'bird (didn't like the red color; too bright and almost orange-ish) and bought them from here: http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/gm/6768fb.htm

Old 01-02-2010, 07:19 AM
Senior Chief

Default 67 firebird restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by guccieng View Post
here's some info for the stripes: http://firstgenfirebird.org/FAQ/body...ms_strips.html

i tried some red ones on my 'bird (didn't like the red color; too bright and almost orange-ish) and bought them from here: http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/gm/6768fb.htm
Hi GUCCIENG with regard to rally stripes I allready checked out that site & it doesnt give me the information I require.to reiterate what I said on a previous post amongst other things Im in the sign business and have the equipment to make my own rally stripes for a quarter of the sellers price & no hassle with shipping to the U K possible damage,customs clearance,import duty,& government tax of 17 1/2% after adding up the cost of the goods plus the cost of shipping plus the 10% import duty so you see
I could bee looking at aproaching $300 for something i could make myself for around $30 and have 3 spare sets that I could cut from the same length of vinyl all I need is the with of the stripes & the spacing between them & the reason I want them on my car is according to PHS is that it was one of the options on my car from new just like the red line tires so I very much hope you or someone else can help me out here thanking you in anticipation Dave

Old 01-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

wow! that can get expensive! i have an 8 inch long scrap piece from phoenix. the center stripe is exactly 3/4 inch wide, the outside stripes are exactly 1/4 inch wide, and distance between the inner and outer stripes is exactly 5/16 inch, for a total height of 1 7/8 inches. i don't have the measurements or angles for the end peices, though.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Senior Chief

Hey GUCCIENG Thats exactley what I needed I dont realy need the angles front & rear Ive got my car in my shop & I can get them from that & Ill Have the rally stripes spot on Thank you. NOTIME if your reading this I tried to reply to your PM but couldnt do it Im useless with computors sennd me your phone number & Ill talk to you I can call the States from the U K for about 7cents a minute dave

Old 01-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Senior Chief

Fifteen years ago when I started this my first restoration I stripped out the tail lights and like a lot of first timers didnt make many notes or take many photos (no didgital cameras then) why should I , Id remember how it all went back together YEA RIGHT.after all it was only gonna take me acouple of years.But when you have the time you havnt got the money & when you have the money you havnt got the time .Well now at long last Im starting to assemble it but Im not quite sure about the way the fasteners go.Ive never seen this type of fastener before.I cleaned up the originals but the rectangular tag seemed a little loose on the square part of the fastener so I ordered enough to do both lights from Ames 2 sets but I guess the kid didnt here right & only sent one set.Not much of a problem if you live in the States but really anoying if you live in england as theese things can take weeks to arrive what with customs & such like so Im gonna try & use the originals as there not that bad compared to the new ones as they slop around as well.Now I remember when cleaning up the originals that they like caulking gooing them up I suppose this was to stop them coming loose.Now I done very well so far on this site having my queries answered & for that Im really grateful, so could some kind person run through the procedure of fitting the tail lights useing these never seen before fasteners THANKS

Old 01-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Dave if you like, i can take the taillights apart tomorrow and photo what you need and post it. You can call me at the shop tomorrow, or any day, preferably around 5 pm est. as i will be very busy this new year. 330-825-2800

Old 01-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Senior Chief

THANKS Notime thats really good of you if its O.K. with you pictures before during and after would be good. Ill call you tomorrow around 5.oopm est because notime I guess you have no time 5.oopm est is 10..00pm here in th U K but it doesnt present a problem & I ll talk to you about the rally guages Many thanks Dave

Old 01-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Good to talk to you dave. I'm glad to see pontiacs getting restored on the other side of the world. Here are some pics, i hope their what you need.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2473.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	192847   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2476.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	192848   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2591.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	192849   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2593.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	192850  

Old 01-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

10 am to 5 pm
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2495.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	192851   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2498.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	192852   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2609.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	192853   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2611.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	192854  

Old 01-05-2010, 02:49 AM

Dave you made my day! I've been swearing at a '69 convertible resto since '91, didn't imagine anyone could top that. I do understand the no time/no money phenom. I recently got mine running and drove it around the neighborhood for the fist time in at least 7 years. You couldn't slap the smile off my face. Regarding the tail light mounting studs, fit the head of the stud into the round section of the hole, press in and slide it into the slotted section of the hole. The collars on the stud are loose until tension is applied upon installation (see last pix from notime for installed stud). Best of luck.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

All in a days work. Sure would like to see some pics of your car Dave.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2672.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	192928   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2673.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	192929   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2674.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	192931  

Old 01-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Senior Chief

Hey Guys manys thanks just what I needed great pctures & instuctions to go along with them.I would have been inclined to have slide the rectanguler tag down the slot along with the bolt head so thanks once again .ponchofan2 where are you located? must be somewhere where you get good weather if youve just recently driven your restored BIRD. notime Ill post some pictures as soon as my daughter works out.did you try the guy in Florida for the 67 guages and console.Dont know if your thinking of converting the motor to unleaded but if you are I can give you the name of a guy who can supply you with EVERYTHING you will need Ive done it with my motor & ive bought the parts to convert the 358 in my 59 Chevy once again thanks to both of you Dave

Old 01-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sorry to hijack your post dave, but i'd like us to work together on this one so we can compare notes as we go. Went to put it on rotisseri and realized i dont have the correct brackets to mount it to an F body so i'm having them made and picking them up in the morning so i can take it to the blaster. See you tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2716.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	193098   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2717.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	193099  

Old 01-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Senior Chief

Default 67 Firebird Restoration

Hey, notime. You wanted to see some pictures of my car, well here they are on my photo album.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Dave, there is no attatchment. Try again. Heres a couple pics from today. Off to the blaster on monday, weather is gonna be to crappy tomorrow to pull car on rotisseri on trailer. Motor is at machine shop, new chassis parts came today.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2730.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	193209   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2729.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	193210   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2741.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	193211  

Old 01-08-2010, 05:54 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by notime View Post
Dave, there is no attatchment. Try again. Heres a couple pics from today. Off to the blaster on monday, weather is gonna be to crappy tomorrow to pull car on rotisseri on trailer. Motor is at machine shop, new chassis parts came today.
Hi notime To see the pictures click on Dave from England then click on profile and then youll see the pictures on albums Dave:

Old 01-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Nice color combo! Sure would like to see some with fresh paint. Dropped motor off yesterday, dropped chassis off today and will take body to blaster on monday. Show me some progress dave.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:45 AM
Senior Chief

Notime, been away for the weekend so have not been able to reply to your post until now.
If you go through the same proceedure you will see there is the 2nd Album for you to look at.
Can't really show you any more progress until I start hanging things on the body. but, before I do that, I need to waxoil behind where the kick panel go, the top of the rear quarters inside the trunk, inisde the rockers, and under the cowl vent grill panel. But the weather needs to be a bit warmer than it is now so that the wax will flow. But until it gets warmer I am at a stand still with regards to re-assembley.
But, the snow and ice has started to thaw today so for the first time this year the temperature is above freezing.
Dave

Old 01-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Looking good dave, keep it up. Do you plan on getting it done for this summer? would love to see it finished. I'll never figure out this computor stuff. Here's a couple from today. Chassis is painted, will start assembly tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2753.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	193842   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2754.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	193843