67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMSOUTHERN View Post
Also John my TA was 1 of 1 triple white, gm company car titled to gm, and taken on the road, for how.

Im saving my money to buy it back
LOL
I should have gotten back down there and took a ride in that Vert before you sold it.
And dragged that nasty old 65 i bought outta there before it got gone.
Young and dumb was not a good combination in those days.
I grew out of the young part anyways ..... lol ... the dumb part - not so sure.

Welcome to the forum, Marty.
Good luck getting that ragtop back someday.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Cammer-6
something sticks in my mind as it having a 455 with RAIV heads. Am I thinking of another mule?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
I think that was a Carousel Red car.
It also went through eBay - several years ago - in bad rusty condition.
I forgot to address this in Cammer's previous post. The prototype 69 Trans Am did not have a 455, and was not Carousel Red. The one you're thinking about was Engineering Car #9723. More info is in my article (in my signature). The one that popped up on E-Bay a few years ago was NOT the 455 H.O. Test Car, it was a different engineering car. Not sure what ever happened to the Test Car #9723.

My Bio: I am currently writing articles for POCI's Smoke Signals magazine and enjoy promoting and discussing the history of the Pontiac Motor Division.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNoun View Post
I forgot to address this in Cammer's previous post. The prototype 69 Trans Am did not have a 455, and was not Carousel Red. The one you're thinking about was Engineering Car #9723. More info is in my article (in my signature). The one that popped up on E-Bay a few years ago was NOT the 455 H.O. Test Car, it was a different engineering car. Not sure what ever happened to the Test Car #9723.
I wasn't thinking the Carousel car was a TA proto. Just 455 mule.
Hard to always be clear.

Shame the eBay bucket wasn't the 455 mule.
I didn't follow that thread close enough back then - or just forgot the outcome.

Buildsheet on this Silver Car could REALLY be beneficial if it could be found.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:34 AM

Follwing up on new leads from talks with GM guys at the Detroit Auto show last week.I got the rear spoiler from John last week and am prepping it for paint. Also,tracked down the frt.fenders at the body shop that paint the car last year.Guy still had them.Sent off a e-mail with pics etc to Herb Adams asking for his help in answering somw questions about what happened to the prototype.I have decided the best way to prove I have the prototype is to try to disprove it.The quest continues.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Moe View Post
I have decided the best way to prove I have the prototype is to try to disprove it.
That is a great plan, It certainly seems you do indeed have the Silver TA prototype with everything I have seen. Can't wait to see this in person.

BTW, did the original fenders have the TA scoops cut out or were they typical 69 fenders?

Old 01-28-2011, 07:13 PM

Way to go Moe, that's a big find on those fenders. Now go find the hood.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:40 PM

Well,I took the cluster out today to see if any dates\numbers were on it anywhere.Sure enough the Tachometer has Oct 16 1968 on the back side of the face & Nov.6 1968 on the metal back under the circuit board.The speedo has Nov.23 1968 on the back of the face.From what I can tell this thing looks like its never been touched until I took it out today.I feel really good about what I'm seein here.What are the odds that someone other than Herb Adams and the boys at GM engineering found a really early stacked gauge cluster & put it in a other 1968 built 1969 Palladium Silver,Automatic high optioned car.If this isn't the prototype sure is a rare bird on its own. Pics.attached.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:43 PM

Default Cluster pics.

Check out the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	014.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	232599   Click image for larger version

Name:	009.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	232600   Click image for larger version

Name:	019.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	232601   Click image for larger version

Name:	024.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	232602  

Old 02-02-2011, 05:45 PM

Default Just a suggestion

You might want to try and contact Bill Porter. He worked on the Trans Am project for Pontiac late in its development. I met him at the Cannon Bird Run last August in Estes Park CO. He had a lot of interesting information on the development of the Trans Am, however most of his work was on the 2nd gen TA. Here is a bio on him http://www.fgfcannonbirdrun.com/pdf/PorterBio.pdf . Great guy and loves to talk about the firebird.

Sam

Old 03-08-2011, 08:21 AM

Updated findings.. I found a article in Drag Strip magazine April 1969 that features the 4 speed Silver prototype! If make reference to the RAIV engine and even "gleaming silver paint" I will scan and post it. So,I talked to George Delorean last week to get his thoughts,he said he remembered 2 silver cars.Also talked to Herb Adams and plan to meet with him and maybe have his company Passion Motors help in the restoration. I feel that the 1st Silver TA(a 4 speed RAIV) is the one in the Drag Strip article.Look at the hood(with pins),fender extractors and the rear spoiler.That is the car that Gene Winfield did as he said in my conversation with him and Mike Noun's article about the 2 cars that show his drawings.Also see the Lic.plate numbers are the same in Mike's piece as well as the Drag Strip article. My car is the 2nd Silver TA(automatic,RAIV) that appears in the Hot Rod,Motor Trend and Car Life magazine articles. How cool is that! I am putting together alot of pieces about these prototypes that have almost been LOST and it is really Great to talk to all these legends and the history behind them

Old 07-09-2011, 10:00 PM

Default POCI 2011

At the convention center with "I Dream Of Jennie"
At Beech Bend with 2011 "Trans Am"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	249114   Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	249115  

Old 07-09-2011, 10:04 PM

Default POCI More stuff

TA Stuff
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	249116   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	249117   Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	249118  

Old 07-09-2011, 10:18 PM

Well, what a great weekend of info!! Lots of very informed people taking to me about this car.
Comments and facts undisputed ...and memories of the days gone by made me smile.....these things due nothing but make me want to DISCOVER more about the days of the Protypes and the people making them

Old 07-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You have a beautiful car...
I would park it further away from that......thing.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...trans+magazine

This thread showing my March 1969 Car Craft has a picture of a silver 69 Trans Am. Look at the first post, second picture and the second car from the bottom in that picture. It also includes a picture of a white Trans Am at the top and the prototype Judge. The magazine says that the front fender "scoops" were non-functional on this silver car. I can dig it out to read more.

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:10 PM

Default mystery trunk bracket

What is this bracket for? This car has instant aire and optioal space saver spare
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	251210   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	251211