THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-14-2022, 09:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am guilty. I had a 97 Z28 and during the day would run the bumper parking lights. Driving one evening I thought to myself 'the headlights seem awful dim' then realized it was the driver that was dim. I dont know how far I had been driving without the headlights on. My f150 has auto lights, and I keep them in that position all of the time. But I do agree as the dash lights are on all of the time as well and only go into dim when the lights come on.

With todays lights one might think the oncoming has high beams but not always the case, just bright lights. Also in MD wipers on mean headlights on. A pet peeve of mine. Especially when I see a LEO not doing it, which is more often than one would think.

Old 01-14-2022, 12:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 SNAKE EATER View Post
How's that work for tailgaters??......

My wife obsesses about people that follow her car about 3 feet off the bumper. I just pull over, or drive slower.

I just showed that flamethrower video to my wife. She said it would be great on her Pontiac Vibe!!!

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 01-14-2022, 01:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

That's a bumper igniter, more than a flamethrower.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 01-14-2022, 03:53 PM
Senior Chief

I have no desire for a car made after 2014. Have a '11 and a '12 both have so many buttons, slides, and toggles that I have micro velcro dots that go on or above the most used.. Part of the issue is no two models are alike.. 70 Judge is the easiest.

Old 01-14-2022, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
How's that work for tailgaters??......

My wife obsesses about people that follow her car about 3 feet off the bumper. I just pull over, or drive slower.

I just showed that flamethrower video to my wife. She said it would be great on her Pontiac Vibe!!!

I've had people throw it in reverse before coming to a stop

I remember sitting at a light in my coupe when a bunch of kids in an SRT4 pulled up next to me.

They started yelling out "light em up!!" cause they wanted me go floor it.

It was a long light and I got sick of them pestering me, so I turned to them and asked "did you say light em up?"

They all yelled out "yeah!!"

So I lit the side burners and they nearly backed up into the car behind them lol

https://youtu.be/IoxPKBX4g5I

Old 01-18-2022, 11:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 SNAKE EATER View Post
Yep, I see more and more newer cars driving around at night with DRL's only oblivious to the fact that they're driving without their lights on.
I see that all of the time here in Delaware. Just proves the number of idiots that are behind the wheel. There is a law in just about every State that in rain, snow, fog, or any weather condition that ALL lights must be on. The only way that can be remedied is NTSB has to change to "all lights on all the time". And for at night, the cops are never around to enlighten them.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 01-18-2022, 12:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My girlfriend had a 2018 and now a 2022 Toyota 4Runner. If you leave the lights "on" all the time they work automatically. But there is nothing on the truck that indicates they work that way. Every time I/we valet we get the car back with the lights off.

I have always thought the dash lights on with the key was a stupid idea.

Guess what is the first indicator of a "drunk driver"? No lights on....Ask any cop.

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars
Old 01-18-2022, 01:24 PM

While we're on the subject of lights - who decided it is necessary to have your emergency flashers on when its is raining? We all know its raining!

Old 01-18-2022, 05:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's illegal in my state to have your 4-ways on while the vehicle is moving...

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars
Old 01-18-2022, 06:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

AFAIK...headlights 'on' is the requirement here when wipers are on...not flashers.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 01-18-2022, 07:35 PM
Senior Chief

4 way flashers is expected in a funeral procession around here. I do know this for a fact, as of 330pm today.

64 F-85
72 4-4-2 Mondello's VO Twister II
84 Hurst/Olds #2449
87 Cutlass Salon
54 Olds 88 sedan