THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:14 PM
Senior Chief

Default Funny H/D Bashing CL and ebay ads (Well, I think they're funny)

http://reno.craigslist.org/mcy/1973887421.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...i%3D1&viewitem

Scott

'70 Lemans Sport - Upgrades: HEI, console, dual-gate shifter, tilt steering, formula wheel, dual exhaust, dash clock, stock 4v intake, Q-jet, dual snorkel air cleaner, GTO hood, hood tach, GTO spoiler, chrome Rally II's and sport stripe.

'09 Yamaha Vmax

'94 GMC Sierra GT
Old 09-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The Q&A on that ebay ad are classic.

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

1962 Catalina convertible, Starlight black w maroon interior & white top.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is great, I sent it to all my biker trash friends, they will get a good laugh out of this.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You should have copy & pasted the CL ad text before it was removed.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
You should have copy & pasted the CL ad text before it was removed.
Link still works for me, but here it is:

sport bike conversion kit - $100 (reno)

Hey sport bike guys, are you tired of not being able to be as cool as the Harley guys? Now you can!! Our conversion kit allows your sport bike to run like a Harley, sound like a Harley, smoke like a Harley, go slow like a Harley, and break down like a Harley! You to can tie up traffic for miles for a fraction of the cost with our oil injection kit! All you need to do is replace 2 of your spark plugs with our Kustom (thats right, Custom with a K) oil injection kit. Our kit injects oil into 2 of your cylinders so you are WAY short on power and a thick cloud of smoke spills out of your exhaust pipe. For an extra $500 we can chrome the whole works so you look more like a Harley.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3kd3oa3l15Y25W35S0a9p33b7cd680c791b41.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	219801  

'70 Lemans Sport - Upgrades: HEI, console, dual-gate shifter, tilt steering, formula wheel, dual exhaust, dash clock, stock 4v intake, Q-jet, dual snorkel air cleaner, GTO hood, hood tach, GTO spoiler, chrome Rally II's and sport stripe.

'09 Yamaha Vmax

'94 GMC Sierra GT
Old 09-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks.

When I clicked on the link, it said it had been flagged.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:28 PM

Thank God. I hav'nt posted on here in quite a while. Actually I was'nt sure how you all would take it but now I feel completly secure with my choices. Rode a Honda liked it so I bought one and parted out my Harley to pay for it.American built junk right. Also decided that my American built 65 GTO was a waste when compared to a Honda Civic so had it crushed and bought the Civic.GTO was junk burnt to much gas wore out to many tires, right.. Needed room in the garage. It's great to see that so many people believe that all imports are best I truly feel now that I made the right choices.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:36 PM

Before you have a stroke. Still have the Harley. Owned a Jap bike got tired of waiting a month for parts every time it died. Still have the GTO Never have a foriegn car in my driveway. Make an exeption for an Aston Martin though. Although I will never buy a GM again after shutting down PMD. I am quite happy with my Hemi Grand Cherokee.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackadder View Post
Thank God. I hav'nt posted on here in quite a while. Actually I was'nt sure how you all would take it but now I feel completly secure with my choices. Rode a Honda liked it so I bought one and parted out my Harley to pay for it.American built junk right. Also decided that my American built 65 GTO was a waste when compared to a Honda Civic so had it crushed and bought the Civic.GTO was junk burnt to much gas wore out to many tires, right.. Needed room in the garage. It's great to see that so many people believe that all imports are best I truly feel now that I made the right choices.
probably unnecessary.

the harley i owned WAS a piece of crap.
jap bikes, foreign bikes have been simply out performing harleys for decades at a fraction of the cost.
i say buy american, but i wouldnt own another harley. just me.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:56 AM

No sweat The old shovels and ironheads I rode were very high maintanance. The new twin cams and evo's are a completely different ride I have 45000 Mi on my current one with no problems at all. Just tired of people hammerin on what was not what is. In reality my Jeep is 100% more the vehicle my 65 is, would I get rid of my 65 because of it. No, I accept that they are two different rides with two different technologies applied to them. Still would like an old shovel in the garage to remember when---sort of like the Goat is.

Old 09-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well, my old Panhead was a lot of maintenance, but it always paid me back in smiles per mile.

I just sold my 2008 Harley Ultra with 13k miles on it. It ended up costing me less then $1,500.00 a season to ride that bike. I am sure a Honda holds it's value just as well.

-H

Old 09-28-2010, 07:00 PM
Senior Chief

Relax, guys... just some "good-natured stirring the pot" kind of fun. I know modern H/D's are fine bikes and I even like a few of them, but I'm not interested in anything V-twin. I get my HP kicks and plenty "smiles-per-mile" out of my Vmax and could care less about which has the better looks, quality, resale value, etc., etc. I bought the Vmax because of the sheer "cool factor" that I saw in it (just like everyone else that loves their bike). I will someday own a genII Vmax as soon as the price comes down from the stratosphere.

The insane HP possibilities (197 HP from the factory) and a completely unique style appeals to me (but that exhaust has to go).

Scott

'09 Yamaha Vmax

'94 GMC Sierra GT
Old 09-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I rode one crotch rocket and I will admit it was just plain insane. It was like shoving 1000hp in a 1st gen Firebird and trying to control it ! ! !

Old 09-28-2010, 09:44 PM

Sal Thanks for recognizing the effort. Personally I don't care what a person rides. I Love my Hogs. I also like the new and old triumphs. Would love to take a rip on a new Norton.
I can respect what anyone rides and for what reason be it cruising or a blast on the road. Done both. Just fail to understand how people slam one make H.D for quality or various other issues that they had in the past. If that was the case with anything Hondas would still be Cubs and mopeds in my eyes. I am just from an older generation where its not how fast you get there it's just enjoying the ride.
Although as I said I'd love to see what this can do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Commando%20961%20Cafe%20Racer%20Silver%201152x864.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	219860