THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 08:48 PM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue 66 View Post
I didn't expect that another thread in the Club House would be started with personal mudslinging. Unbelievable.
You're quite the sensitive little tulip, aren't you?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bob Dillon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2014, 09:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben M. View Post
When I find out someone is an active participator in the clubhouse almost to the exclusion of other sections, I find that I respect them less.
That's unfortunate, you're judging people on a a tiny snapshot of time in their lives.

I'll be an example. I contribute almost exclusively in the CH these days, but it might be once or a couple times a week. But if I got paid consulting fees for all the info I've given hobbyists during the last 40+ years, I would have built significant wealth in that endeavor, enough to retire on.

And the friends and acquaintances I've made around Pontiacs enjoy some CH topics.

PS you won't find any comments there by me that are derogatory or insulting. It's just a neighborhood bar I like. Every bar has its jerks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to einstein For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2014, 09:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dillon View Post
You're quite the sensitive little tulip, aren't you?
I think it's more like, "I don't approve of what THOSE people are having fun doing, and I MUST put a stop to it!!!"

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to einstein For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2014, 09:19 PM
Suspended

I pity some of the people there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben M. View Post
When I find out someone is an active participator in the clubhouse almost to the exclusion of other sections, I find that I respect them less. Just like I'm sure they don't respect me at all for not participating in their brand of hate.
I'd say you've made a completely accurate assessment. Without exception.

The Following User Says Thank You to PonchoV8 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2014, 09:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigunde View Post
Then why start this thread to begin with?
I was trying to figure that out myself...

1973 Formula SD455 - #'s auto orig paint
1972 Trans Am - 4 speed orig paint
1974 Formula 400 - Ram Air automatic
1966 2+2 convertible - 421 4bbl automatic
1967 Grand Prix - 4 speed orig paint
1967 GTO - 4 speed orig paint 35k orig miles
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 71GP76TA For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2014, 09:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was just surfing some places I don't usually go on PY....

I just did that myself. I went to the 61 and older Pontiac Tech for a little while.
Now my arthritis is flaring up, I'm constipated, and all I want to do is listen to Benny Goodman tunes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 400 4spd. For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2014, 09:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by einstein View Post
I think it's more like, "I don't approve of what THOSE people are having fun doing, and I MUST put a stop to it!!!"
Would that be considered liberal thought process?

1973 Formula SD455 - #'s auto orig paint
1972 Trans Am - 4 speed orig paint
1974 Formula 400 - Ram Air automatic
1966 2+2 convertible - 421 4bbl automatic
1967 Grand Prix - 4 speed orig paint
1967 GTO - 4 speed orig paint 35k orig miles
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 71GP76TA For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2014, 10:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I used to participate over there....many years ago now. What made me quit going was finding that people whose opinions I respected in the tech forums and who seemed to like me and were very helpful at times to me, in actuality expressed an extreme dislike for me. They did not realize they disliked me personally, but it was a general dislike of a group of people of which I am a member. Some of them expressed their low opinions about this group often and with much glee.
After that, I found that it was difficult to separate my feelings for what I was reading from these good folks over there, and my interactions with them over in the rest of the forums.
I like this forum and did not want to leave it based upon my newfound revelations about these people. So, I found that it was easier to stick both fingers in my ears and go...LALALALA....so I would no longer know how they felt about me and my 'kind'.
Now, I'm blissfully happy here in my ignorance.
I have successfully exercised the option put forth earlier in this thread- I don't like what I see there...so, I don't go there any more.
In fact, I can't even remember who I was mad at any more. Problem solved.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Greg Reid For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2014, 10:26 PM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71GP76TA View Post
Would that be considered liberal thought process?
Even more comical is the whining about "not contributing to the board" by members who joined in 2006 and 2012. These idiots don't realize that the current board is the third iteration for PY. My current join date is for this iteration-I've been a member here since the late 80s, i.e. about 25 years. Plus, my car was done in 1993, and the big car forums here have never been very active. There's little to do over there.

As to my avatar (can you imagine some idiot complaining about an avatar?!) It was a joke. I think it was Brian Baker who mentioned when I was carving up Misus one night "I see Dillon has the scalpel out again!" I've used it ever since and kinda like it. I ain't changing it because some whiny lib doesn't like it.

Who woulda thought a car guy bulletin board would be invaded by the easily-offended? Bunch of poosies.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bob Dillon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2014, 10:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajunkman View Post
There you go making up lies as usual.
Incorrect, you most certainly did.

Part of an old thread dug up somewhat supports this.

Not that I'm worried; I'm pointing out the irony that you

basically came into a bar starting a brawl & got smacked down and you're

out here crying that you're the innocent victim

And you cry about racism completely ignoring the pasted warning.

Describe what part of the below do you not understand ?

"Members say what they feel and don't hold back. Some may find the contributions very inapropriate, insulting, hateful, rude and racist" <- YOO HOO ! JUNKMAN ? Can you not read this ?

The rules don't need to be changed just to suit your needs -

Even more hysterical is you complain bad the CH is, yet you've been posting in there very recently.

What's with that ?

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
‘95 Ford F-super duty 4wd 7.3 p-stroke
& countless Jeeps & off road vehicles.

Last edited by 455Grandville; 01-31-2014 at 10:38 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:44 PM
Suspended

He bumped the thread for evidence. There never was a threat made. You even said you just perceived it has one and got sensitive about it. Why are you complaining in the Lobby that someone from the Clubhouse doesn't like racist remarks? It goes both ways. People there will not hold back and tell you what they think about your statements. It's a simple rule.

Secondly, people with almost no posts who live there daily while stating they have nothing to gain by going to the tech forums because their car is done are proving they aren't here for car related reasons or to offer anything positive. Well helping people with their projects is what other people do here because they're concerned that others don't see them as self absorbed or indulging their personality disorders.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
I used to participate over there....many years ago now. What made me quit going was finding that people whose opinions I respected in the tech forums and who seemed to like me and were very helpful at times to me, in actuality expressed an extreme dislike for me. They did not realize they disliked me personally, but it was a general dislike of a group of people of which I am a member. Some of them expressed their low opinions about this group often and with much glee.
After that, I found that it was difficult to separate my feelings for what I was reading from these good folks over there, and my interactions with them over in the rest of the forums.
I like this forum and did not want to leave it based upon my newfound revelations about these people. So, I found that it was easier to stick both fingers in my ears and go...LALALALA....so I would no longer know how they felt about me and my 'kind'.
Now, I'm blissfully happy here in my ignorance.
I have successfully exercised the option put forth earlier in this thread- I don't like what I see there...so, I don't go there any more.
In fact, I can't even remember who I was mad at any more. Problem solved.
That's a huge negative, Greg and hate that it exists. I choose to stay above that idiocy.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:41 PM
Suspended

Quote:
That's a huge negative, Greg and hate that it exists. I choose to stay above that idiocy.
I certainly saw the racism in that forum after reviewing a dozen or so different threads. It's quite disgusting. The racist members there definitely give this whole forum site a black eye. It's hard to believe that some of those same people have the gall to even post in this thread but if only to defend their special part of PY and obviously care less of what other members think of them . Amazing ( shaking my head)

Old 01-31-2014, 11:43 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
That's unfortunate, you're judging people on a a tiny snapshot of time in their lives.

PS you won't find any comments there by me that are derogatory or insulting. It's just a neighborhood bar I like. Every bar has its jerks.
All righty then...

Quote:
That sums you up pretty well.

Quote:
Unless the subject is gay's... "sodomites" that is. Then you bust out your Bible and start picking and choosing which verses you think are relevant, throwing out those that contradict your position. Hypocrite.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Right. It's a choice. That's why I don't really complain about what goes on there. I don't have to participate and I can still enjoy myself here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greg Reid For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2014, 12:00 AM
Suspended

It's just gets more and more ridiculous. It's funny to see people making statements contrary to what they say in there, isn't it? It's just like someone telling you what a good Christian they are. That's code speak for watch your back, because here comes the BS. Just because some aren't racist/bigoted against one group, they are most certainly racist or bigoted against another group. They're down there with the rest of them.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:02 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajunkman View Post
Unless the subject is gay's... "sodomites" that is. Then you bust out your Bible and start picking and choosing which verses you think are relevant, throwing out those that contradict your position. Hypocrite.
Or certain political parties, Muslims and liberals.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I used to participate over there....many years ago now. What made me quit going was finding that people whose opinions I respected in the tech forums and who seemed to like me and were very helpful at times to me, in actuality expressed an extreme dislike for me. They did not realize they disliked me personally, but it was a general dislike of a group of people of which I am a member.
Greg, i remember a couple things a former member of PY said to you in the CH. It is the reason i quit reading anything over there and almost made me quit coming to PY. Some of the racist crap goes way over the top and shouldn't be a part of a Pontiac forum.

The Following User Says Thank You to se428bandit For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2014, 12:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
What made me quit going was finding that people whose opinions I respected in the tech forums and who seemed to like me and were very helpful at times to me, in actuality expressed an extreme dislike for me. They did not realize they disliked me personally, but it was a general dislike of a group of people of which I am a member. Some of them expressed their low opinions about this group often and with much glee.
Greg said it better than I could, and his situation is similar to mine. It made me sad and upset, so I stopped going there (as said, years and years ago). Never did post an "OMG I'M LEAVING" type post, just silently went away without complaining to anyone or expecting anything to happen as what happens there stays there (or should at least). And now I only can remember a handful of people who weren't nice, none of whom post much anymore. I like it better this way.

And einstein, we're all judged by the company we keep, for right, wrong or indifferent. I prefer to remain indifferent to it personally. My only real "complaint" about the CH is when 2 people from there start carrying their arguments and dislike for each other into threads out here I'm interested in reading or were otherwise informative.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ben M. For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2014, 01:28 AM

Well, that was fun.

Now we all know why the CH has always been kept separate from the regular forums.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread