THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question Allman brothers calling it quits !?!?!?

Sorry if this has already been posted or old news; heard about this on the radio today. They said Greg is retiring -

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...end_of_it.html

Following the recent announcement of Warren Haynes' and Derrek Trucks' departure from the Allman Brothers Band, frontman Gregg Allman has officially announced the group's split after 45 years of work.

The two guitarists confirmed their decision earlier this month, pointing out need to pursue different musical endeavors. "For 25 years and 15 years respectively, we've had the honor and pleasure of playing, living, learning, and traveling with the Allman Brothers Band, one of the truly legendary rock and roll bands," they stated.

"We will be forever grateful for the opportunity and the experience, and for the love, enthusiasm, and support of the incredible fans," the announcement continues. "We are both preparing to dig even deeper into our various creative and musical endeavors and, as a result, 2014 will be our final year as part of the band."

Allman has now explained Relix that the split will definitely cause the band to cease all activities, but didn't rule out future reunions either. "This is it - this is the end of it," he said. "45 years is enough and I want to do something else, anyway. Everyone has their own real good respective bands."

Asked about possible reunions, Gregg added: "Who's to say? We may get together every five years and just do one play at a time."

According to the official website, the band currently has a 14-date New York residency ahead of them this March, as well as four festival dates in April and mid-August.

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
‘95 Ford F-super duty 4wd 7.3 p-stroke
& countless Jeeps & off road vehicles.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

OH BABY I JUST DON'T KNOW!

The Following User Says Thank You to Half-Inch Stud For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2014, 11:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I haven't heard that yet. Gregg was just in Macon a few weeks ago. I live a block away from the Big House, which is very cool. They are always having up and coming bands play there.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I heard the same rumor, but before Warren and Derek's announcement that they were quitting the band. Must be something to it.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 02-02-2014, 12:16 AM
Suspended

I just taught myself to sing and play Melissa and Midnight Rider on 12 string....badly.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

this video was 6 months before the legendary Fillmore East album was recorded, and this also was Fillmore, so here is some great "Back Where It All Begins"....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6up076lSH8

Old 02-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Suspended

What is that beginning timing, 6/4 time? I wore that out on 8 track when I was in middle school/high school.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird72 View Post
this video was 6 months before the legendary Fillmore East album was recorded, and this also was Fillmore, so here is some great "Back Where It All Begins"....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6up076lSH8
Duane Allman was supposed to be right up there with Hendrix - shame he died so young.

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
‘95 Ford F-super duty 4wd 7.3 p-stroke
& countless Jeeps & off road vehicles.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Funniest thing i have ever heard one celebrity say about another celebrity ....

Interviewer- (to the effect)
... so tell us about how great the sex life was with a hot dynamite sexy beautiful woman like Cher .

Greg Allman-

it was like throwing a hotdog down a hallway

he really said that

The Following User Says Thank You to Baron Von Zeppelin For This Useful Post: