THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 08:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonchoV8 View Post
Did he actually "hate" them, or was that an exaggeration? I've never studied him. Steve, I don't need your opinion on this, unless you want to answer the questions.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/10/op...list.html?_r=0

Old 02-28-2014, 09:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
Exactly, well known for his hatred of Jews, minorities, etc.
Hitler and Ford had much in common:

Quote:
In 1938, Ford received an award from the N A Z I regime called the "Grand Cross of the German Eagle." How do we make sense of this award? What does it mean?

The Germans honor Ford, we could say, for a couple reasons. For one thing, they're very taken with the whole assembly line technological modernization. The Model T and Volkswagen are sort of similar cars. The idea of the Volkswagen, the people's car, was to be affordable to the average German. It's kind of like the Model T of its day; that the automobile shouldn't just be something for the elite, but it should be a car that the ordinary German could afford. So the Ford Model T and Volkswagen, we might think of as sort of in a similar category.

From the point of view of anti-Semitism, Hitler could look at Ford as somebody who was -- let's call him an age-mate. They were both in the 1920s beginning to write and disseminate information about what they both considered to be this great powerful threat, "the Jew."

And Hitler was very much inspired by Ford's writing. And the idea that this could happen in the United States, I think, was very important to Hitler as well, because as people in the United States were speaking out against ****sm and were using a kind of rhetoric, "Well, it could never happen here," and "We are the bastions of democracy," I think Hitler would have derived a degree of satisfaction to be able to point to Ford as, in a way, just as good an anti-Semite as he was.

Hitler was very aware of Henry Ford, of Henry Ford's writings, and praised them. He turned to the same documents. There's a common thread. The Protocols of the Elders of Zion was a cherished text for both. And there were certainly business connections between Ford Motors and the N A Z I regime.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:03 PM
Suspended

Pardon me, but I'm not about to accept something the NYT posts. I'd prefer a credible source. I won't waste my time reading that rag especially when the heading is obviously opinion. On matters of the NYT, I go to this source instead. http://www.tomatobubble.com/anti_new_york_times.html

EDIT: Opps, it was you Simple Man. You posted that Ford "hated Jews and minorities". I'm curious if that statement is exaggeration or did Ford claim he hated them. If we can have a link to Ford saying he hated them that should cut straight to the topic.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/10/op...list.html?_r=0

http://www.hfmgv.org/exhibits/fmc/battle.asp

Old 02-28-2014, 09:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Poncho

A lot of good reading here:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexpe...-antisemitism/

Quote:
A close friend recalled a camping trip in 1919 during which Ford lectured a group around the campfire. He "attributes all evil to Jews or to the Jewish capitalists," the friend wrote in his diary. "The Jews caused the war, the Jews caused the outbreak of thieving and robbery all over the country, the Jews caused the inefficiency of the navy…"

In 1918, Henry Ford purchased his hometown newspaper, The Dearborn Independent. A year and a half later, he began publishing a series of articles that claimed a vast Jewish conspiracy was infecting America. The series ran in the following 91 issues. Ford bound the articles into four volumes titled "The International Jew," and distributed half a million copies to his vast network of dealerships and subscribers. The rhetoric was not unusual for its content, as much as its scope. As one of the most famous men in America, Henry Ford legitimized ideas that otherwise may have been given little authority.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:14 PM
Suspended

Quote:
A close friend recalled a camping trip in 1919
Second hand info is not proof. And it doesn't say he "hated" them.

So, again, is there anything in Ford's writings that proves he hated Jews? I'm somewhat aware of The International Jew. I don't know of anything where he "hates" Jews. So I'll have to assume it's lore and exaggeration until I see proof. Link dumping is not proof.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well, ya can't talk to Henry............

Old 02-28-2014, 09:21 PM
Suspended

IOWs, there is no writing where he is quoted as having "hate" for Jews. I suspected that was exaggeration.
I've read reports of how the US throttled immigration of Jews specifically in about 1924 because so many were going staight into organized crime. The Purple Gang in Detroit was the Jewish Mafia. I'd say there is an easy trail to follow of how that impacted Ford's opinion on the people flooding his area.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonchoV8 View Post
Second hand info is not proof. And it doesn't say he "hated" them.

So, again, is there anything in Ford's writings that proves he hated Jews? I'm somewhat aware of The International Jew. I don't know of anything where he "hates" Jews. So I'll have to assume it's lore and exaggeration until I see proof. Link dumping is not proof.
From my previous quote - I don't think a man like Ford would take the time to buy a newspaper and publish a series of 91 articles like this is he liked Jews:

Quote:
A year and a half later, he began publishing a series of articles that claimed a vast Jewish conspiracy was infecting America.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:32 PM
Suspended

You said "think"? Again, that is someone's opinion and a jump to conclusion that does not exist so far. Yours in this case. "Hate" is not what the man said. And what if it was the truth? If you want to say he distrusted Jews and minorities, you'd have a valid point. Please choose your words wisely.

Murder, Inc. was also the Jewish Mafia. Capone's gang killed Jewish mobsters in the St Valentines Day massacre. The biggest all time mobster in history of the day was Jewish.

Closed Thread