THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-11-2022, 04:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Interesting there is no mention of the replaced passenger side quarter panel and door. Was this done due to a collision and if so how bad was the damage? Frame damage? What is the quality of the work?

Numbers matching would be a big plus if you're looking to flip.

Gaps on the front of the car look good. As mentioned, color is a plus and bench seat/column shift auto is a minus. And big unknown is the amount of rust/bondo.

For $10k, I'd want a running car. This car may bring that amount on Ebay if running, possibly a little more. But definitely not a candidate to make a few grand flipping as the car requires $$ to make it presentable and will eat your margin in a hurry.

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime
The Following User Says Thank You to GTOnly70 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2022, 05:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lust4speed View Post
If it doesn't start and move on its own power I would pass. Two years ago I purchased a '68 GTO for $9,000 that did have bucket seats console, AC, and was a Southern California car that sat outside for 11 years. We got it started and drove it around the back yard before buying. Thought I was going to make a killing, and after six months finally got an offer high enough where I broke even.
That seems like a pretty killer deal, based on the pic/details. I guess timing is everything, as I would expect on BaT it would currently bring quite a bit more.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 01-11-2022, 05:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOnly70 View Post
Numbers matching would be a big plus if you're looking to flip.
I'm not trying to single you out as I see this mentioned from time to time in threads like this. I'm curious to those who make these statements - what do you consider a 'big plus', and do you have any examples of undesirably optioned (to use a nice term) cars like this one that have shown added value due to simply being 'numbers matching'?

While it may be another talking point when rolling this thing across the B-J stage early Friday afternoon while the fresh red paint is still wet, I question whether it actually adds anything to the bottom line on cars like this. If it does, I have to believe the amount is negligible.

We're all here arguing about the value of a car that might be (and probably isn't) worth $10k in today's inflated muscle car market - for the sake of this discussion let's say this specific example is worth exactly $10k as it sits - how much of that $10k is due to being 'matching numbers'?

Old 01-11-2022, 07:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

From what I see, 7 to 10k. Manual steering, auto on the column, been messed with under the hood. Certainly no more than 10k.

Old 01-11-2022, 07:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ought to be worth 10 grand, if it runs and moves.

My opinion is given freely, value accordingly.