THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My 67 one ton; I can't remember if it was a 304 or 345, it was a stripped model (no radio even) , but had the T34 5 speed. Very wierd, the bed looked brand new inside, like it was never used. Wife & I used to throw a bed in the back and use it for camping on Current & Black river.
Sadly, I sold it in panic of a brief layoff in '97 with our first born on the way -

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
‘95 Ford F-super duty 4wd 7.3 p-stroke
& countless Jeeps & off road vehicles.

Last edited by 455Grandville; 03-19-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:23 PM

I bought this 1967 Alaskan Camper for the Travelette, it was found in a barn in Calgary, Alberta. I wish I had one years ago! They use a hydraulic bottle type jack and 4 cylinders, two at the front and two in the rear to pump it up in minutes, it is about 6' 3" inside. Propane refrigerator, stove and heater, manual hand water pump with a 20 gal. tank. The seats have be reupholstered, everything else is original. AND it just fits in my garage!

Old 12-01-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455Grandville View Post
My 67 one ton; I can't remember if it was a 304 or 345, it was a stripped model (no radio even) , but had the T34 5 speed. Very wierd, the bed looked brand new inside, like it was never used. Wife & I used to throw a bed in the back and use it for camping on Current & Black river.
Sadly, I sold it in panic of a brief layoff in '97 with our first born on the way -
That is a nice truck. If you want another one keep an eye on craigslist Sacramento, CA., I believe this 67 Campermobile is still available. It has 70000 original miles and an automatic transmission. I talked to the owner, you should be able to get it for $3000.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

How about IH wheel weights? I have 2 sets (4) of 12" weights from an IH Farmall A Model I use on my G2000 Kubota. 75 lbs each.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IH Wheel Weight.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	265485  

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:13 PM

This was a cool truck, I bought it from a guy in Los Gatos, Ca.. 1967 Campermobile, V345, 4 speed, 4:10 Power Lock, ps, pb, a/c tinted glass and front/rear sway bars. It apparently had a large Avion camper on it for a long time. A lot of the Campermobiles (Camper Special) had 16" split rims on the front and 9.75 x 16.5 Super Singles on the rear. Sliding rear windows are a rare option on this body style, factory ones are screwed to the cab, no kidding. I sold this truck to a friend in Claremont, Ca. after I bought the Travelette.

This 74 200 Series has 61000 miles and original paint. I found it for the same friend in Claremont, Ca.. It worked out that he was able to get them both at the same time and used the 74 to haul the 67 on a trailer. This is a very clean truck.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455Grandville View Post
Marlon Brando says : This is a very masculine truck
I am going to tell Eric what you said, he will like that one!

Old 12-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Banger View Post
That is a nice truck. If you want another one keep an eye on craigslist Sacramento, CA., I believe this 67 Campermobile is still available. It has 70000 original miles and an automatic transmission. I talked to the owner, you should be able to get it for $3000.

Did IH make their own boxes for these trucks, or did they do like Studebaker did for the Champ trucks, and use a bed sourced from Dodge?

Old 12-01-2011, 06:39 PM

IH made them, they were called "Bonus Load Beds".
Mat

Old 12-02-2011, 12:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Niiiiiiiiiiiice. Im floored you find these well optioned ones; most every one Ive seen is poverty-spec. Miss that old 67 ; it was titled as a 68. To my knowledge IH might retitle leftover model years as that years models. Thanks, I miss that ole truck. Miss those camping trips when the wife & I were younger without kids.

Quote:
IH made them, they were called "Bonus Load Beds".
Mat
There was a company called Knox or something that made 'em back in the 40s or something like that. I'd be all over that one in Cali (bodies there have it EASY !)
You ever seen one of those "Johnny Reb" models they were rumored to have built ?

Quote:
This was a cool truck, I bought it from a guy in Los Gatos, Ca.. 1967 Campermobile, V345, 4 speed, 4:10 Power Lock, ps, pb, a/c tinted glass and front/rear sway bars. It apparently had a large Avion camper on it for a long time. A lot of the Campermobiles (Camper Special) had 16" split rims on the front and 9.75 x 16.5 Super Singles on the rear
Forgot about those split rims; I had to go to a truck stop when I got new tires as no other place would touch 'em.

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
‘95 Ford F-super duty 4wd 7.3 p-stroke
& countless Jeeps & off road vehicles.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:49 AM

The internet has made it a lot easier to find them, it seems like there are more around now than there were 25 years ago. I heard IH would title them for the year they were sold.

Yes Knox made beds for the K or KB Series in the 40's, I would like one. I haven't seen a Johnny Reb in person just on the net.

I do my own split rims. There are a lot of good videos on youtube that show the correct way and some that show the wrong way, make sure you watch the right ones. They are not as dangerous as the widowmakers, I think they got a bad reputation because of them.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:55 AM

Johnnie Reb,

Old 12-02-2011, 01:00 AM

For those of you that don't know most International's have the Line Setting Ticket (Build Sheet) attached to the back side of the glove compartment door. If for some reason yours is missing International has a service much like PHS that will get it for you for $20

This is the one for my Travelette,

Old 12-02-2011, 01:06 AM

My dad bought his truck from Berk's Intertruck in Nanaimo, British Columbia, they are still around today and still have the same dealer decal. My dad put the decal in the picture on his truck 37 years ago.

Here are a couple more dealer decals from B.C.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:11 AM

I found this 1933 IH in a warehouse in Vancouver, B.C. in the early 1990's. I had two opportunities to buy it and didn't (stupid, stupid, stupid!). These were actually made by Willys, IH bought the rights from them and put their name on them.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:15 AM

Ertl made a lot of diecast IH trucks, Scouts and farm equipment. This pickup is about a 1:16 scale. Unfortunately I didn't know about them until I was too old to play with it around others

Old 12-02-2011, 01:18 AM

This is a prototype of the next generation Scout that didn't make into production. It had a composite body that would have eliminated the rust issues common on the earlier models. This one is at the Auburn, Cord, Duesenburg Museum in Auburn, Indiana, I was there in 1993.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
I bought this 1967 Alaskan Camper for the Travelette, it was found in a barn in Calgary, Alberta. I wish I had one years ago! They use a hydraulic bottle type jack and 4 cylinders, two at the front and two in the rear to pump it up in minutes, it is about 6' 3" inside. Propane refrigerator, stove and heater, manual hand water pump with a 20 gal. tank. The seats have be reupholstered, everything else is original. AND it just fits in my garage!

NICE Peices, both the truck and the camper!

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 12-02-2011, 08:55 AM

Thank you,

Old 12-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

IH had their world headquarters just NW of where I live, Springfield OH. They just had a huge Wow wagon and PU truck show here at the fairgrounds a few months ago. IH is still here and they make mid sized trucks here on their line now, There is also a firm that deals in Scout parts and also has a used vehicle lot. IH has always been one of the largest plants in the town and there are things all over here that remind you of IH.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 12-02-2011, 10:07 AM

I think all the Campermobiles were built at the Springfield plant.