THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 12-01-2013, 06:56 AM

Default Fast and Furious Star Dies in Car Wreck

Paul Walker dead at 40.

The link is below.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/30/paul-w...al-fire-crash/

Old 12-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ironic.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ya know... I keep seeing this all over the internet. It may be cold, but first reaction is "So what?" He's an actor I never heard of, from a movie series that sucked and he died driving as if he was in one of those movies.

Thank God they didn't take any innocent people out with them.

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw

Last edited by goatless; 12-01-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:52 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatless View Post
Ya know... I keep seeing this all over the internet. It may be cold, but first reaction is "So what?" He's an actor I never heard of, from a movie series that sucked and he died driving as if he was in one of those movies.

According to several sources:

He was a passenger in a friend’s car, in which both lost their lives.

I never saw a single F&F movie, but still a tragedy.
Sounds like they burned up after the impact... Horrible

Old 12-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Roger Rodas was driving. He owns a performance shop for high-end cars in L.A. My sister in law works for his wife, they have two small kids.
Thankfully it appears the fire isn't what killed them.

Video of the shop, Always Evolving.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U189SwhPXKI
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Walker and Rodas.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	345010  

Last edited by 400 4spd.; 12-01-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Very unbelievable and sad for me. Paul was a great person, down-to-earth and real car guy who touched so many lives, including mine. So sorry he was a passenger in that car. I will think of him often when I am driving mine. He will be missed by many.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

No matter who it is, it's a tragedy. I've watched the Fast and Furious series and liked it. Only thing is it gives kids and some adults the wrong ideas about driving on the streets.

My condolences to his family and friends. PIP Paul.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatless View Post

Was thinking the same way until I read some about him. His personal life was quite impressive. Live by the sword die by the sword was my first thought,but I think this guy went to young.

TOM
Old 12-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

No matter who it is. This is somebodys son,brother,uncle,father. It is still a tragedy and I dont think anyone would want to go through this if it was a family member.It is one hell of a way to die.I watched all the F&furious movies and love them,and hoping to watch thes rest if they continue to make them. I know he was working on Fast 7. Outside of acting I think this guy devoted his time to a few charities he created and even was an animal advocate. He was a great actor and taken too young.

1968 lemans :In progress!
1970 Bonneville 455 HO convertible (survivor)sold
1969 firebird
Old 12-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

wow..what a horrible wreck....cut the car in half.....

horrible....

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 12-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just terrible. Ive heard nothing but good things about him as a person. Very sad.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:57 AM

I read that there were figure 8 and donut skid marks on the road just before the crash site. Probably careless/reckless/idiot driving on going on.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Its really to bad. He was really cool, and an actual car guy.

Sad

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 12-01-2013, 12:42 PM
PY VIP

Just got this news this morning. My 15 year old grand daughter has seen all of the Fast & Furious series....I have seen 3 of them myself.

One in particular because I featured a Grand National in the beginning minutes because we supplied some of the parts for the cars.

Its probably not much of a stretch but personally I immediately thought of James Dean ages were different but both were rising stars both only did a few movies and both had a strong love affair with cars.

Tragic......

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Years ago I drove by the intersection where James Dean was killed....

As far as the Fast & Furious movies go bottom dollar is for the studio behind the series it was a huge money maker.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It was huge money, and still is for the studio...some stuff was so hoakey it made me laff...but it was entertainment, and in a big theater it was such a good time...i went with my buddy for his boys 13th birthday and wow,,,it was a good time...even if some of it was kinda dumb... and i liked Paul as an actor..

I heard he did a lot of stuff for his community and charities....he gave back..maybe we could all do more like he did...because..POOOOF..your gone...

what about his family? they have to be crushed

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 12-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Senior Chief

Its sad.

I've seen every F&F movie, and I thought they got better with each iteration. Sure, like most people, I didn't care for a lot of the newer car building trends, and I thought the lifestyle it portrayed was bs. But still it was a way to connect the newer generations with great cars, and enlightened them to the fact that cars go beyond frumpy Fwds and lumbering SUVs. I felt the F&F series was important to us, and I enjoyed them. Paul's role was important.

Paul had a responsibility, as did this local shop owner, to not do anything stupid and kill themselves or others. Safety is to be paramount. I'm glad that no bystanders got hurt.

But these guys let us down. This tragedy can reflect on all of us who love modded and performance cars, who wish to drive them freely on the streets.

Further more, these guys let themselves down, as well as their families. They've reduced they're lives to not only a void where those who counted on them need love, they are now cautionary tales against performance cars.

Thanks Roger and Paul - good work!

Old 12-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A good man , did tons for others. Sometimes even good people do stupid things, this time he paid dearly for it. RIP and my condolences to both families.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If young and old can learn that they are not invincible then there is a positive that can be learned from this terrible accident.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We all do dumb things. Any of us who are in this hobby has dumb things behind the wheel. I've seen stupid stuff done with minimal consequences. It's sorta the devil of the hobby.

In this case the consequence was not minimal but tragic. Two good men lost their life. This is assuming that the crash happened because of erratic driving

His big claim to fame was the Fast movies, but the movie Running Scared was a really good movie where he had the starring role.

Check out his IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0908094/?ref_=nv_sr_6

Old 12-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue 66 View Post
We all do dumb things. Any of us who are in this hobby has dumb things behind the wheel. I've seen stupid stuff done with minimal consequences. It's sorta the devil of the hobby.

In this case the consequence was not minimal but tragic. Two good men lost their life. This is assuming that the crash happened because of erratic driving

His big claim to fame was the Fast movies, but the movie Running Scared was a really good movie where he had the starring role.

Check out his IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0908094/?ref_=nv_sr_6
Agreed Paul, but so many look up to anyone on screen and how many try stunts like on the screen?