THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-11-2022, 12:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I can't believe it has been almost a year since I updated this post. So far, we have received our 2019 federal return but neither of the stimulus checks nor our 2020 federal return. I talked to an IRS agent back in the first week of November and she said my 2020 refund had not been issued. She said she would forward my inquiry to the correct department and it would take 6 to 8 weeks to process. That time is up and I still haven't heard anything!
Frank, you may have to get some fresh popcorn! I just thank God that I don't really need the money but I sure would like to get it. And now it is almost time to file my 2021 taxes.

Old 01-11-2022, 08:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Imagine if you took as long to file your return this year as they have to get your issues taken care of. I bet their panties would bunch up rather quickly.

Old 01-11-2022, 08:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I went through this a few years ago. I get a PIN number from the IRS now. My problem was the fraudulent tax return was deposited in my account. The first time I sent the money my taxes were incorrect back to the IRS. That worked out well. The second time I return the total tax refund per my tax guy. That took over a year to get my correct tax return for that year. If it ever happens to me again, I'm going to return the incorrect difference back like I did the first time. Unlike you I was lucky and at least got my money. Must have been an inexperienced thief. I still hope he rots in hell.