THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-17-2022, 09:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default A Christmas Story Concerning My Deceased Wife Bobbie

I was hesitant to tell you guys this story but I am. 2 weeks before Christmas on Monday I received a card addressed to my wife from a long time friend of hers,Dave. They always talk at Christmas. He had dated her before me. So googled his number and called him just by chance got him.Told him what happened. He was devastated. We talked. He told me stories that I didnt know but one I did. They had dated before me. He bought an Golden Retriever puppy. Bobbie named it 'Sunshine'. So I hung up. That Saturday I was going to a Christmas Party with a Catholic Alumni club where I met her 45 years ago. She joked all the time, as soon as she passed, I would be back at the club looking for 2 Italian sisters we knew. Anyway Saturday comes, i go visit her at the grave site before the party. Telling her where I'm going that night. I hear someone say ,'come on' .I started walking away from the grave, a Golden Retriever comes up to me 'licks my hand' i pet him,he again 'licks my hand' then runs off with a man. I never saw them since or before. Coincidence?? I'm not sure, what are the chances at that particular time on that date would I meet up with a Golden Retriever? I'm humbled by this event in my life.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sdbob For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2022, 09:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The lord works in mysterious ways. I personally don't think it was coincidence.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr_GTO For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2022, 10:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That was a cool event to have happen that way.
No telling how that all actually got threaded and coordinated, but just the fact that it did would be inspirational and warming in my mind after going through what you have dealt with.
May peace be with you Bob.

Old 01-17-2022, 11:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a similar incident that happened to me at Norwalk.

My father was a mechanic, he started working at a Pontiac dealer in my hometown, Erie PA. We of course always owned Pontiacs, and I fell into Pontiacs because of my dad. My father got me interested in dirt track racing, he took me every Sunday night to the local dirt track. We were close, and shared our love of racing, and Pontiacs.

When my wife and I had our Tee shirt business, we had shut down early evening, and were walking up towards the car corral. We stopped to look at a 57 Pontiac 2 dr, that resembled one my dad used to own. Before we walked on I noticed a saddle tan 63 Bonneville convertible sitting there, and a 53, 2 dr that was a yellowish green. Three cars, same year, same color, and body style, that my father had owned previously, in an area that was roughly 50 ft, by 50 ft.

I got a shiver down my spine, and I knew dad was indeed there, at least in spirit. My eyes teared up when I was explaining to my wife what had just occurred.

My dad never went to Norwalk, but he would have really enjoyed that show. He, and my mom did make one year to Speed World for Pontiac Heaven show before he passed, he really enjoyed seeing all the older Pontiacs at that event.

Since Norwalk is much larger, with more cars from the 30s,40s, 50s, he would have identified with the same cars he used to work on of that era.

Was it a coincidence? I believe he was there enjoying the show with us.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2022, 04:44 AM

No coincidence. That's how people who have passed on let us know they are OK and still around us. I have had instances like that many times.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrmark1957 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2022, 07:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When I was scattering my dad's ashes in the Colorado River, right as I started to pour, a mating pair of blue herons basically buzzed me. Flew right over my head. They had seemingly come out of nowhere. My aunt actually got a picture of it. Earlier, at a friend's wedding on a beach in Mexico, right as 'I now pronounce you man and wife' was stated and he and she kissed, a white dove flew right over their heads. His last name is Dove. It's an amazing world.

Old 01-19-2022, 11:15 AM
Senior Chief

I personally don't think it was a coincidence, one last goodbye.

1971 Grand Prix 462ci SD Performance 6x heads
1962 Catalina 389
1968 Firebird 400-455 I haven't decided

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under GOD, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan
Old 01-19-2022, 01:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks you guys. It's nice to hear other stories. I had one other incident ,it's just not as 'warm'.

Old 01-20-2022, 05:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

After my brother unexpectedly passed, my nephews/niece and I were sitting in the parking lot of the funeral home trying to keep it together. There was a beautiful sunset and we looked up in the sky to see a single cloud hovering that looked exactly like a silhouette of my brother's face/profile. Was kind of eerie and comforting at the same time.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 01-25-2022, 01:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My Mom had a fondness for ducks that began in her childhood. Perhaps the most reaction to the war in Iraq for her was the pictures of the oil covered waterfowl birds caused by the Iraqi destruction of their oil wells. It made her quite upset.

She died (age 88) in September-96. The funeral cortege drove in a slight drizzle of rain. Along the right side of the road was a cluster of stores and other buildings and behind them was the river a few hundred feet from the road. On the left side of the road was a vertical cliff about 50 feet tall and a steep hillside.
At the right edge of the road there was a cluster of ducks, standing motionless, looking at the road as we passed by. I smiled to myself. A fitting tribute.

Old 01-26-2022, 09:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the stories. "Coincidence is gods way of remaining anonymous " Albert Einstein.