Old 11-22-2008, 05:58 PM

Default 2000 Grand Prix with no heat, any GM dealer mechanics here?

I recently accquired a 2000 Grand prix SE that I plan on using as a driver for back and forth to work. I am slowly fixing some of the little things that are wrong with it. I can not get any heat, I have replaced the heater control module thinking that the temp selector switch was bad but that didn't help. I figure that it probably has to do with a damper door somewhere in the duct work. Since everything seems to be electric is there a module that controls that also? Where is it located ? Anybody have this problem?

Old 11-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Suspended

Often, the motors that control the heat "door" will fail. If it's not overheating and the coolant isn't low, check that.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:40 PM

The car is not everheating, coolant level is fine, hoses to and from heater core and upper radiator hose are hot so I know the thermostat is opening. I have the glove and half of the dash out and I still can't find where the heat door is located. Anyone been there?

Old 11-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Senior Chief

The heater door is in the hvac module.(The module is the large box that houses all the doors and heater core similiar to the heater box of the 68 to 72 A bodies) controlled by an actuator. You should be able to see it with the glove box removed. There is an actuator on the side of the of the module at about the level where the radio, hvac head is. Do you have dual climate control?

Old 11-26-2008, 02:25 PM

Thanks for the help guys, I replaced the heat door actuator and I now have consistant heat. Wishing everbody a great Thanksgiving.

Old 11-27-2008, 03:27 AM
Suspended

Yay! I fixed something! You're welcome.