THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-11-2023, 09:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My family roots are originally from Tennessee. Always loved the area and would visit frequently when living in Ohio. People were nice and beautiful country side.

Enjoy your trip. Always a good time driving a classic car across the country

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
Old 04-12-2023, 08:34 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72projectbird View Post
I'd be lying if I said politics weren't one of the reasons I want to move there. It's all personal preference.
Yes I agree with you about the personal preference, I’m with you 100% there.

My life got exponentially more enjoyable, and healthier, when I changed my personal preference to not caring about ANY politicians. I really try to avoid the network national news and all the very heavily biased cable news crap. I don’t need some party mouthpiece to try to do my thinking for me.

I pretty much only listen to music now, and it’s SO much better than what ANY politician or news anchor has to say. I’d rather crank up an album of The Dirty Knobs than listen to “They cheated!” or “Laptop? What Laptop?!” Haha

My comment about TN’s politics was actually not referring to red or blue cheering sections, just that things are really screwed up in general with all the arguing and nobody agrees on anything, even what’s for dinner. It’s like that everywhere I guess but I seem to notice it more in that area, they’re less shy to share their opinions, at least in my observation. That was my point.

TN is a lovely state and I enjoy my visits there very much, I hope you do too. We also tiptoe slightly north to Kentucky and visit the Bourbon Trail which is a fantastic experience if you are a person who enjoys such things. I highly recommend that.

Enjoy and I certainly hope my comments didn’t rub anyone the wrong way, it was not my intent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-13-2023, 10:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid View Post

Enjoy and I certainly hope my comments didn’t rub anyone the wrong way, it was not my intent.

Nah, you're good.

I'm the same way. I dont actively participate in political discussion, watch much (if any) news, and keep to myself. Unfortunately that's becoming impossible where I currently live, hence the potential move.

But as far as the trip itself goes, it's more than just looking at potential places to move to. It's a chance for me to road trip with my Father up and down the east coast in a TA. That's the most important thing in all this.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
The Following User Says Thank You to 72projectbird For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2023, 10:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
But as far as the trip itself goes, it's more than just looking at potential places to move to. It's a chance for me to road trip with my Father up and down the east coast in a TA. That's the most important thing in all this.
That should be a blast. One time when I was in the Navy, my dad and I drove from Michigan to Va Beach taking 2-lane roads as much as we could and stopping at every junkyard along the way. I picked up two 160-mph gauge clusters, some other miscellaneous trim parts, and that's where I found the '67 GP convertible I later bought that's in my signature. Still one of my best memories with him.

Old 04-13-2023, 12:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzbk2l View Post
That should be a blast. One time when I was in the Navy, my dad and I drove from Michigan to Va Beach taking 2-lane roads as much as we could and stopping at every junkyard along the way. I picked up two 160-mph gauge clusters, some other miscellaneous trim parts, and that's where I found the '67 GP convertible I later bought that's in my signature. Still one of my best memories with him.
We've done a few trips together to buy cars, but cruising down the highway with a truck and trailer for 2000 miles isn't as fun as ripping a 4 speed TA lol

I'm planning on stopping at all sorts of cool places along the way to and from TN. One place is Smileys BBQ in Raphine VA. It's basically the halfway point in VA. It's a little bbq shack inside a gas station across from a truck stop. Not exactly what you picture a good bbq place to be, but it was excellent last time.

1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 04-13-2023, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
We've done a few trips together to buy cars, but cruising down the highway with a truck and trailer for 2000 miles isn't as fun as ripping a 4 speed TA lol
I've done that with my father too, but without the truck and trailer scenario. We'd just fly in and drive what ever back and had a good time. Did Battle Ground, Washington to Cincinnati, Ohio like that.

In fact several cars I've bought out of state I've never trailered back home, I'd just jump in it and drive it back. No better way to see the country side

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
Old 04-13-2023, 08:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

We are happy to have y'all visit, just don't move here! Just kidding, we have certainly had an influx of people moving from out of state. Other than traffic and a huge rise in real estate prices, it's mostly been good. Met a lot of good people, car people at that. Looking forward to hosting the POCI convention. I'm on the local committee. If you have any questions on the show, I will be glad to help. We have some fun activities and some new convention speakers this year.

Old 04-14-2023, 07:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiacmark View Post
We are happy to have y'all visit, just don't move here! Just kidding, we have certainly had an influx of people moving from out of state. Other than traffic and a huge rise in real estate prices, it's mostly been good. Met a lot of good people, car people at that. Looking forward to hosting the POCI convention. I'm on the local committee. If you have any questions on the show, I will be glad to help. We have some fun activities and some new convention speakers this year.
Believe me, if I move there, you'l only know I'm an outsider by my accent. I dont plan on moving somewhere and then trying to change the way of living in that state.

I'm definitely looking for acreage. The more the better. I've definitely gravitated towards the eastern side of the state. It's beautiful.

1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
The Following User Says Thank You to 72projectbird For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2023, 11:11 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
've definitely gravitated towards the eastern side of the state. It's beautiful.
If you like the eastern side AND good bbq, definitely visit Johnson City and check out Southern Craft Barbecue. I’m pretty certain you’ll be impressed with both. Nearly across the street is YeeHaw Brewery, and inside YeeHaw is White Duck Tacos. It sounds crazy but they’re the best tacos I’ve ever had!

I’ll warn you that if you visit these two places in JC, you probably just found your new home town. Enjoy! Sounds like a fabulous trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk