Old 02-17-2023, 09:39 AM

Default !979 Firebird Frame aligment specs

Hello new guy here and I tried the search function first but noting...SO im looking for frame measurements specifically for the rear frame rails. I got in a hurry and started cutting one of them out and well I probably should have not do that but hey...I keep finding a camero drawing and I believe that second gen camero and firebirds frames are the same,so I can use the camero measurements? However some of those measurements contradict themselves. Either way just want to have some confidence that this will work.

Old 02-17-2023, 02:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That Camaro diagram for late second gen will work. Should be keystone measurements on it as well. The key is to get it welded through the table on it , not the edges, and to the frame extension in the rear and the trunk floor as the rear bumper mounts are there too.

Old 02-21-2023, 09:04 AM

Thanks for that. However I'm still finding some issues with the frame specs drawings, that for example measurement n that is for the centers on the rear rails is 38in which is impossible. However somebody could really help me if they have the measurement between the rear rails from the inner lip shakel mount to the other. I figure if I'm within 1/8 of an inch I'm good. Thanks

Old 02-21-2023, 09:07 AM

The pictures did not attach on the last post..Also if anybody has the frame spec drawing that has correct number that would be greatly appreciated. For some reason this is difficult to find on the internets
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230219_110145.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	607629   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230219_110133.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	607630  

Last edited by Bcwoods; 02-21-2023 at 09:40 AM. Reason: added tect