Old 03-11-2023, 03:51 PM
Senior Chief

Question 69 to 68 Ram Air Flapper Door

Very simple Question:

Is it possible to add a '69 Ram Air Flapper door on the '68 Ram Air Hood pan using '69 open scoops?

Old 03-11-2023, 08:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

with a little under hood trimming

The Following User Says Thank You to Scott Thelander For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2023, 12:49 PM
Senior Chief

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Thelander View Post
with a little under hood trimming
Exactly how much is a little and where should you trim? Anyone with pictures of how to and/or videos?

Old 03-15-2023, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

not sure it would work with a 68 upper pan, I'd think you'd need to use the 69 upper pan. There's pics I know I've posted years past but don't feel like searching!

here's a pic of the templates they sell to show where to cut the braces if you're not winging it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brace cuts.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	608903  

Old 03-19-2023, 01:22 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto4evr View Post
not sure it would work with a 68 upper pan, I'd think you'd need to use the 69 upper pan. There's pics I know I've posted years past but don't feel like searching!

here's a pic of the templates they sell to show where to cut the braces if you're not winging it.
Thank you for the reply. I have a Metal '68 upper pan and do not want to switch to a '69 upper pan. That is the reason for inquiring into whether there is a way to use the '69 open scoops with the '68 upper pan and the '69 flapper door set up.
Slight mods are reasonable, but I do not want to simply switch to a full '69 upper and lower pan set up.

The Following User Says Thank You to Red Box Rebel For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2023, 12:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Box Rebel View Post
Thank you for the reply. I have a Metal '68 upper pan and do not want to switch to a '69 upper pan. That is the reason for inquiring into whether there is a way to use the '69 open scoops with the '68 upper pan and the '69 flapper door set up.
Slight mods are reasonable, but I do not want to simply switch to a full '69 upper and lower pan set up.
I just happened across this older thread where I posted pics on where the brace cuts were when I added the RA to my 69.

https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...d.php?t=843373

see post #7. I don't see any reason to cut the brace back that far for the addition of the flapper doors. the bracing needs to be cut back that far only to accomodate the 69 pan. if you cut just a small bit out of the edges for the flapper, I think you can still cover it with the 68 pan and have what you're looking for.

The Following User Says Thank You to gto4evr For This Useful Post: