Old 08-24-2006, 12:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default # 48 heads, sell, trade, options, value ?

Good afternoon folks,

I am putting my 67 H.O. GTO back to factory specs and I am considering to part with my number 48 heads, I have run these heads on my car since 1976. I am looking to have some original 670's enhanced via mild port work for performance along with a fresh valve job and I would entertain the notion of swapping out my 48's for a set of matching date 670's (prefere a very early set such as "H or I" of 66) original or already finished. My car is not a race car, just a very nice original example with a drive train to back up the name (GTO). If you know of someone with such heads (670's) already enhanced or other options that I may be over looking please drop me a line. I would also like to know what the current value of a set of 1969 Ram Air III heads (# 48) are, the date codes on both heads are identicle (matched set) is D019 (April the 1st. 1969). I am not after a set of junk, repaired, or abused heads... for my car is too nice for such bandaids, I am offering a very nice set of 48s. Thank You for your time.

Tim john---

Old 08-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Tim john, do you have everything else original for your engine. I have a complete running 67 engine (WT),aircleaner to oil pan. Hate to part it out, but might sell it complete. I don't really need the 48's, I have 2 sets saved back incase that '69 judge I eventually find needs them.
DW

70 SPECIAL ORDER SABLE BLACK 4SPEED III JUDGE
70 ATOLE BLUE AUTO GTO
69 C.RED 4SPEED III JUDGE
67 WHITE 4SPEED 400 VERT FIREBIRD
65 MAIZE 4SPEED TRIPOWER VERT GTO
65 TURQ. 4SPEED TRIPOWER VERT GTO

WANTING A IV......
20 other non-pontiacs which need to be thinned down so I can buy more PONTIACS
Old 08-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 670s

Tim_john, I have a pair of 670s that I'll be removing from an engine very soon. They look to be in very good condition & I believe are a matched set & are complete. PM me if you're interested.

Old 08-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Check with PY'er Uprmich for 670's. Think he's got several sets.

Not sure on the price of the 48's; might want to do a search on evil-bay for completed listings.

Scott

Old 08-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Most of the clean, used, but needing a rebuild sets of #48's I see on eBay go in the $400-$500 range. If they have been redone recently with matching date codes, they get into the $600-$800 range or higher.

Old 08-24-2006, 05:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i agree with rick, BUT i think theres a few people here who would like them.
figure at least 350 for mag & VJ

Old 08-24-2006, 11:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tim John- I'd be interested in the 48s if your selling them. My 04C Judge could use those date codes. PM or email me if they are available. Thanks, John

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 08-25-2006, 05:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

John,

A PM has been sent to you, please check when you have a free moment. These heads will be available when I locate a set of 670's to replace the 48's. Thank you for your interest.

Tim john...

Old 08-25-2006, 07:25 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletpruf
Check with PY'er Uprmich for 670's. Think he's got several sets.

Not sure on the price of the 48's; might want to do a search on evil-bay for completed listings.

Scott
Scott keeps good notes which probably explains why he has two Judges in less than a year. I have a few sets, but all are stock. I am pretty sure nothing is as early as you would like. FWIW, you could EBAY the 48's and buy a set of 670's and still have money for you and the wife for a nice dinner. Although some value will be lost by the porting, they are still more valuable than the 670's.

Old 08-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Uprmich,

Thank You for the response, That is fine if you have a set that are still stock, this is fine with me for the car is not a race car but I would like to see some enhancement to them in the future, nothing crazy, just a mild porting and exhaust flow enhancement to let my engine breath a little easier. I was told by Dave at SD and Jim Butler that 240 cfm on a pair of 670's is not too awful difficult to achive, they both commented that the 670's in stock form flow about 190 so there is room for improvement and throughout the fall trapping season I should be able to put up enough fur to have a quality job done by one of these gentleman and be ready to go in the spring.

I was hoping to be able to provide these heads to a fellow member before I offered them to the e-bay audiance, hopefully in trade with enhancements to the 670's. I have received a few e-mails in reference to the 48's so this is good that someone out there can use them but I need to hold onto them until I can come up with replacements (670's). Thank You for responding.

Tim john---