Old 12-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default parchment paint???

I am having to paint some interior pieces on the other 69 GTO I'm doing. It has parchment interior. The door panels and seats came from here (PUI). The head rest, inside door bases and other trim pieces were available only in black. I bought two cans of the RPI785P parchment paint from PY and it looks almost like a light tan. The seats and door panels are gorgeous with a little pearl look to them. WHERE can I get some paint that will come close?? I'm not going to finish the inside until I come up with something at least closer than what I have.

Old 12-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Senior Chief

maybe just dashes can help you. they sell a product that might help.

http://justdashes.com/FadeAway.htm

Old 12-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Senior Chief

Year One sells a 2 stage pearl vinyl paint, I think they have parchment also. This vinyl paint was the closest and best I could find for my 68. I also tried the PY pearl paint and it looks absolutely horrible as far as the color match goes.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Senior Chief

Default paint

I restored my parchment interior last year and my local paint shop was able to match the pearl for the armrest and also the parchement for the pillar post perfect. if you need me to i can see if they can still make and maybe ship to you. You need to find a paint shop with the old books. chuck

Old 12-18-2006, 12:22 AM

we called dupont and got the current mix when i sprayed some parts for my 65. it matched up perfect.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 12-18-2006, 01:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I also had my paint guy mix up some SEM's vinyl dye to match my new parchment vinyl pieces. He had to add gold pearl into it to get it to match. Came out great, but he didn't write down the figures for me. Also, the new seat back plastic parts didn't have the pearl in them. He matched the paint on them so I could paint my arm bases, lower seat panels, etc to match.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

So my best move is to take my pearl door panel to the paint store and just get them to match it? OK. Thanks. I'll do that today.

Old 11-04-2022, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy daniel View Post
I am having to paint some interior pieces on the other 69 GTO I'm doing. It has parchment interior. The door panels and seats came from here (PUI). The head rest, inside door bases and other trim pieces were available only in black. I bought two cans of the RPI785P parchment paint from PY and it looks almost like a light tan. The seats and door panels are gorgeous with a little pearl look to them. WHERE can I get some paint that will come close?? I'm not going to finish the inside until I come up with something at least closer than what I have.
do what I did; Go black and parchment or whatever your primary color is; I have black seat backs, black armrest pads, pillars, console pad, package tray and black carpet and dash pad but everything else is parchment