Old 04-06-2022, 12:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default In-line tube blooper

Not many of us are using a 69 n up bolt thru side cover levers and a 68 n older reverse with stud n nut on our muncies….
Hmmmmmmmm

Old 04-06-2022, 07:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

this is in reference to what?

and as a matter of fact, when I finally get around to it, that's exactly what I'll end up having. both my 69's have 68 M21's in them and I bought two sets of 69 side levers off ebay years back so I could get the correct back lock linkages set up in them and it looks like too much work to change the reverse lever along with the other two that just need the side cover popped off to replace.

Old 04-06-2022, 12:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

ooops .... this link didnt show last nite

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18180781156....c100667.m2042

67 68 reverse lever with 69 70 1-2 3-4 levers

h,,,,mmmmmmmmmm they must be shipping the correct parts
just an incorrect picture ,,, or theres 29ish buyers bummed out

Old 04-06-2022, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

ah, I get it now, with the cutout on the plates. I guess I never even thought about the plate differences. I've got factory 69 shifters levers/rods/plates waiting to get swapped along with the shift dogs when I get my setups correct. ( I meant the shift dogs, not the levers in my first post) right now it's just got the 68 tranny and an "aftermarket" hurst competition in it with the back up light switch add on mod to get the back up lights on. I've got all the back lock stuff in a box waiting to switch it out (along with the custom pivot bolt I had to make because Ames/inline, etc is only selling the 70-72 version calling it 69-72 when there's a difference in that front pivot setup for actual 69 factory setups. the repops are modeled on the 70 versions so those pivot bolts are not interchangeable.

I'll bet those buyers have had to use the round file after complaining, or just swallowed it as par for the course with repop garbage.