Old 08-30-2022, 12:21 AM

Default 75 trans am rain gutter moldings

i have a 75 trans am without the moldings on the rear edge of hood, top of fenders and top edge of doors it also doesent have rain gutter on roof edge. i was wondering if it is suppose to have the vertical chrome moldings at the rear of the door windows or if just the weather strip channel mount to the roof without them

Old 08-30-2022, 07:03 AM
Suspended

Depends which you mean and what you are asking. There were a few variations. Could be without if no trim options, vertical only if no drip rail, and extended tip version to reach drip rail.

Last edited by Trevor78; 08-30-2022 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-30-2022, 01:22 PM

im trying to figure out if my car should have the vertical piece without the rain gutters ive seen pics with them on cars without the gutters . but it looks like they shouldnt be on there without the gutters...thanks for reply

Old 08-30-2022, 02:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Going off memory, those vertical pieces on the door ends essentially cover up the channels that hold the weatherstrip - so all car s have them.
The channels that run along the top of the door opening are covered up entirely by the roof, so nothing is needed there to cover them up.

IIRC the "drip rail mouldings" were both a separate item, and included with the chrome dress up.

I hope this helps

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)
Old 09-04-2022, 09:30 AM
Suspended

Cover them up? In both locations the channels go over the trim, the channels are visible the same amount if has trim or none.

Old 09-04-2022, 10:25 PM

thanks for replys , looked at different cars at a car show some has them and some dont looks better with out them when they dont have the rain gutters to me so im leaving them off . can always put them on if i decide too...tony

Old 09-05-2022, 12:19 AM
Suspended

They suit some better than others, especially a darker car with extra bright trim. of course, all the SE's and copies don't use any, although some try. Early models may have used stainless but I can't speak for them, often no one speaks at all. It would still be nice to hear from anyone that has used either of the reproduction gutters. I have several, all test fit, but are original GM. Even they have minor differences in holes locations, possibly pre and post T-Top years.

Last edited by Trevor78; 09-05-2022 at 01:00 AM.