Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2023, 04:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Did some crawling around under the car today. Took multiple measurements of
the front sway bar. It is only 3/4"! No wonder it looks so tiny, It is. The 1 1/8" bar possibly offered will be a very tight fit as mentioned in a post. It really fits in the frame channel tight. Looking at the rear, a frame mounted bar looks to be a very difficult fit with my 2 1/2" full exhaust installed. It's a fully welded system so really a no-go without allot of work. I am going to try the 1" control arm mounted bar and see how it does. Suspension bind is possible but only if the control arm bushings can't deflect and deform as designed. I can see where arms with poly urethane or other hard bushings could be an issue. Think I will fill the lower control arms with a hunk of aluminum and mount the bar through it. That will sort of box the arms without welding. Thanks for all the input and ideas. Don't need race car handling, just want to improve it to an acceptable level. I have new rear springs and KYB gas shocks as well to install.