Old 06-02-2023, 07:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Perfect!

Old 06-02-2023, 07:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

From the article:
"CC: A gear-reduction starter turns the flywheel slower. However, with the extra torque/kw, does it speed up cranking of the engine so that it is similar in speed to a normal non-gear-reduction starter?

PM: Oftentimes the cranking speed difference is either non-existent or not noticeable at all. Since a high-torque starter is working so much easier to turn over the engine, it can seem as though the cranking speed is actually faster, and in some cases, it is. Powermaster offers different gear ratios to generate either more cranking torque or faster cranking for engines that are particularly difficult to start."

The Following User Says Thank You to Greg Reid For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2023, 07:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The bottom line is as we started running more and more compression, theses starters were life saver. Because they produce more torque and less draw.

Old 06-03-2023, 01:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gach View Post
Your clueless, that cam was pick out for your 950 pump gas motor. Remember the one you kept bragging about, With Gaby heads. That have been at Marcellus for 3 years Then you bought that blemish IA block, that needs two sleeves. Plus it has a 55 mm cam tunnel. So guess what you can use that cam. When you ask me about using it in a stock block I said NO ! You said yeah but I’m running lifters bore brace… dude your all over the place. Since you’ve decided to air you dirty laundry I figure its time to set the truth straight . Remember when you called me like 50 times to help degree your cam in, or how about time you putting motor together and as usual not paying attention and hit counter weight and put a nice dent in your prize Molnar rods..LOL is that why you bought another set…LOL I still have pictures of that rod you sent me. Or how about the Crower rods that two were physically bigger I mean sends rods and Assembly out to be balanced and doesn’t check rods first. I mean a 10 year old could see that. So whats this third time and third set of rods you had to have balanced. Clueless and this is exactly why I blocked your phone number.

So lets see, a starter that makes say 50lbs torque is going to turn a motor over faster then one that makes 100 lbs torque.
Your mind is officially gone. You knew exactly what engine that cam was going and which set of heads the engine was using. Spoke about that and how the cam choice related to the flow sheet for the High Ports. The IA engine can not use a std journal cam. And your Comp part # was for a std journal cam. It can in no way use that cam ,ever.
Making excuses is all I see.
You do not know the formula for picking out a cam for a stock block, no expert. At least I learned the formula from a real expert.

The IA block does not need 2 sleeves. One bore was larger and it was taken care of with .025 overbore pistons.
No rods were bought after the cap was nicked. It did not hit any counterweight. The cap got a nick when it fell on the floor. Machinist took care of it, its fine..
And no one in their right mind thinks a gear reduction starter turns the engine over faster. You can see it just by watching the fan.
Called gear reduction after all. And yes, the starter that makes more torque due to gear reduction does turn the engine over slower. The motor itself does not make more torque than the OEM starters torque. Gear reduction gives it more torque just at a slower speed.
Just sad.

Old 06-03-2023, 02:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

OK Pinocchio. This is how off the wall you’re few days ago you text me and asked Gach did you ever run that cam in a stock block, and this is why I never answered you. I should make you look like the fool you really are, I still have every text Exchange since September 2018. Like I said off the wall all over the place and completely clueless. I would never ever recommend a 440 lube cam for a stock block. You’ve talk about so many different motors your going to build first its this 950 hp pump gas motor for which you bought the Gabby heads, now its this most powerful High Port pump gas stroker motor. Oh I’m putting lifter bore brace in it should be ok, clueless. How about the part you say in a text, I’m going over friends house get another username. So they cant trace my IP. Want me to snap shot it and put it up. What a little con artist.

I knew there was a way you can block people on the board, so you don’t see their post. I just figure out how to, Dude not only is your number block but now I’m blocking you here. Show carry on Pinocchio. PS anything over 195 @ 200 should not be run in a stock block its only been talked about a 1000 time right on this board and your just now discovering that, I’ll bet Tim talked to you for 2 minutes and said to himself oh boy this guy is clueless. It’s a shame you distory just about any thread you get involved with. With your ego. I’m done. Thank god I never have to listen to you again.

Last edited by Gach; 06-03-2023 at 03:07 AM.
Old 06-03-2023, 02:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I should put picture you sent me up, dude it was not the cap that got the nick, its the rod itself. You lie so much you’re starting to believe your own lies. Pinocchio.

Last edited by Gach; 06-03-2023 at 02:58 AM.
Old 06-03-2023, 02:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
This message is hidden because Dragncar is on your ignore list.

Hey it works good.

Old 06-03-2023, 11:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i think a stock starter will clearly spin faster on a bench ... but once you put a load on it, really hard to say ... the mechanical advantage of a mini starter could let it turn engine over faster in some circumstances ...

Old 06-03-2023, 02:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's what I'm thinking. Increased torque of the geared starter and different compression ratios of the engine will vary cranking speed but with the two types of starters simply lying on the workbench next to each other you might get completely opposite results.

The Following User Says Thank You to Greg Reid For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2023, 02:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I remember going from 10.50 compression to 12.1 having problems starting. I’m like has battery gone dead or low. Then the move to higher cranking amp battery made it a little better but not much. I guess we’ve all have experience this at one time or another.