Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 04-09-2023, 03:04 PM

Default Updated my set up

Hi all it’s been a while but I’d like to update my set up as I’ve been working/helping my gd friend & buddy Peter at his Race shop here in Toronto Ont Canada
My set up was a 535 IIAII in my 70 Judge and I have went EFI using the Terminator Maxx set up with LS style fuel injection including Coil on Plug. We installed bungs/bosses/injectors in my Northwind intake. This 535 went 10.60/129mph before & I haven’t taken it back as we got it running at the end of last season. We will be dynoing in about a month to extract as much as possible but I can tell you the coil on plug has made this motor cracking out the exhaust and feels way more powerful then before. There’s a long list of parts we installed to make this happen and I will try and post pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	916699E4-5849-471E-9A6E-7208A7C0C5FC.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	610487  

722 heads. 4-sd. Black interior.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GTO FIREHAWK JOHN For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2023, 03:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very cool build! Similar to what I’m doing. Holley Terminator X with Holley coils.

Did you use the Holley supplied base maps to initially get it started or did you build your own? I should be firing mine up in the next 2-3 weeks and was curious what you started with.

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/
Old 04-09-2023, 04:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The one possibly negative thing about your change that may show up is intake air charge heating. The fuel from a carb helps with charge cooling. Try to duct cold air and seal the under hood hot air if at all possible. Something I still need to do myself...
ETA: yes the coil on plug will likely open up new world for you with timing control. If sequential, don't forget to experiment with individual cylinder control of both fuel and spark if needed. It can clean up the fueling issues caused by unequal manifold runners. Just fyi

Old 04-09-2023, 04:52 PM

My buddy is a really great tuner and did a base tune but once he started it we set up timing to 30’ & set up & matched that on computer, from there we took it for a drive & it just got better and better. My throttle body is the Accufab 6500 bringing in lots of air. I’m thinking of building a ram air base filter to copy the regular Ram Air and seal it to my Glasstek raised gto hood, I don’t have wheel wells so there’s lots of air movement. This runs worlds better then before with my 1100 pro series Dominator.

722 heads. 4-sd. Black interior.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GTO FIREHAWK JOHN For This Useful Post: