Old 10-02-2004, 10:43 PM
Senior Chief

My car is supposed to have Bright Blue Standard interior. I know the interior was redone sometime in the past since it's got '72 Standard door panels and the rest is '70 Custom interior. When I got the car it had no headliner or sunvisors installed although there was a new headliner with the car's spare parts and it does match the rest of the interior. Everything matches closely, just a bit brighter than the Lucerne Blue exterior. I need a new package tray and sunvisors and I've got color samples (supposedly '70 Bright Blue) from various sources including PY, but none of them match what's in my car. None of the samples match each other and they are all condiserably lighter and grayer (almost washed out looking) compared to my interior. Is my interior indeed Bright Blue, or are the package tray and sunvisors supposed to be lighter than the rest of the interior?

The left is the color of my interior and the right is one of the samples.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	09240209.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	13475  

Old 10-02-2004, 10:43 PM
Senior Chief

My car is supposed to have Bright Blue Standard interior. I know the interior was redone sometime in the past since it's got '72 Standard door panels and the rest is '70 Custom interior. When I got the car it had no headliner or sunvisors installed although there was a new headliner with the car's spare parts and it does match the rest of the interior. Everything matches closely, just a bit brighter than the Lucerne Blue exterior. I need a new package tray and sunvisors and I've got color samples (supposedly '70 Bright Blue) from various sources including PY, but none of them match what's in my car. None of the samples match each other and they are all condiserably lighter and grayer (almost washed out looking) compared to my interior. Is my interior indeed Bright Blue, or are the package tray and sunvisors supposed to be lighter than the rest of the interior?

The left is the color of my interior and the right is one of the samples.

Old 10-03-2004, 05:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You definetly have bright blue. The sample on the right looks like my blue interior in my 71 T/A.

Old 10-04-2004, 04:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I agree. That looks like the same Bright Blue as my 70 T/A.

Frank

Old 10-04-2004, 05:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

pic of my interior
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	70_TA_interior.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	14568  

Old 10-04-2004, 08:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Whats up with that shifter knob? I have the same one in one of my 70's. Is it a factory one or aftermarket. Mine seems like its been on the car forever.

Old 10-04-2004, 08:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The Hurst cueball shifter was factory on some late 60's GTO but never the 2nd-gen F-body. The factory shifter was simulated leather(rubber) in the same shape as the automatic knob but had an raised aluminum insert and shift pattern emblem.

The cueball shifter was very popular in the 70's so you see a lot of cars with them.

Old 10-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Senior Chief

OK, so I definitely have Bright Blue. Has anyone here had to replace their Bright Blue sunvisors or package tray, and if so where did you find them? PY and Classic are definitely out of the running as they're nowhere near the right color.

Old 10-05-2004, 01:54 PM

My 70 also has the brigh blue interior. If I remember correctly, the package tray looks like the color on the left, as shown above. Performance seamed to be the only place that had the bright blue listed in their descriptions. I think I got my package tray from Ames, but like I said, its the wrong color.http://www.hbci.com/~chriss/PhaseSix/LeftFrontSeat.JPG

http://www.hbci.com/~chriss/PhaseSix/RearSeat.JPG

Old 10-05-2004, 07:10 PM

WOW, Screwed that reply up. I meant to say, that my package tray looks like the color on the right ( the dull blue) and I got that one from Ames. Classic was the only company that I saw that had the bright blue package tray. I only noticed this after I had the wrong color in mine.

Old 10-06-2004, 11:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Don't trust Classic. They list everything in their catalog and then supercede and consolidate part numbers and ship you what they have. If you call them on it, they act like the items sent will work fine. With them you're lucky if the part even fits a firebird (that is, if it doesn't also fit a camaro).
Gordy

73PF455TH4003.08:1
Old 10-13-2004, 01:35 PM

You should try contacting SMS auto fabrics in Washington I believe. They can send you headliner material samples and if they provide a match of the color they can make the visors for you. They were able to help me with orignal headliner fabric and matching visors in red for my 70 Formula.

Old 10-17-2004, 07:08 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

When I requested samples from Year One (I hated to) but they sent one that was real close to bright blue. Might want to check them out.