THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-02-2024, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Another FedEx Driver delivering Boxes to wrong address and leaving them in the rain

Don't they know how to use gps directions, read address?

For someone to leave packages on the ground in the rain is crazy! Some just don't care!
These were left at a warehouse , wrong address, and rain off roof pouring on boxes.

I contacted Walmart com and they told me what to do with boxes.

I bet this happens more than we know.

I tried calling Fed Ex but got automated runaround . Couldnt get a human on phone.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Serious Inquiries Only - Shipping Isn't Free.
Old 03-02-2024, 11:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

They do it to me constantly. I have a covered front porch, and they will always put the packages in front of my garage door, in the rain, and right in the middle of the door so that I have to stop and get out and move the package to pull into the garage. My FedEx driver is an absolute jackass. He also has driven through my landscaping and run over $200 worth of landscape lighting.Twice. Filed a report, nothing. If i could, I would make certain that FedEx never brought anything to my house.

Old 03-02-2024, 11:10 AM

Happens all the time. Even witnessed one driver come in, about 40ft from front door lean our drivers side and proceed to pitch the package up by the door. And drive off.
All our stuff is delivered by FED EX sub contractors.

Old 03-02-2024, 12:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The new American attitude …,DILLIGAF!!
It will never ever ever improve PERIOD!!!

Old 03-02-2024, 01:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Similar issue here in lower Alabama rural area. We get most stuff shipped, even Sams/Walmart stuff. Too far to drive and we get free shipping. Most items get left on bench on covered front porch.

The one package left in rain in front of garage was a pricey Buffalo hide leather duffel I'd bought for my heavy travel schedule. It gets compliments frequently. Thankfully it was also plastic wrapped in the box and wife caught it before a heavy soaking of the box.

Old 03-02-2024, 02:13 PM

Never had an issue with FedEx, Amazon, USPS or UPS delivering packages in the proper manner.

I live on a flag lot above and behind the houses on the street, my driveway is steep and 150’ long and they always place my packages on the front porch out of the weather. I’ve had tires delivered in front of my garage door but again they put them wherever is appropriate.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2024, 02:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
Never had an issue with FedEx, Amazon, USPS or UPS delivering packages in the proper manner.

I live on a flag lot above and behind the houses on the street, my driveway is steep and 150’ long and they always place my packages on the front porch out of the weather. I’ve had tires delivered in front of my garage door but again they put them wherever is appropriate.
I've never had an issue at all, even when I lived in apartment as I do now.

Old 03-02-2024, 02:40 PM
Senior Chief

My friend receives packages of parts about every day at his building. He's a field installer and overnights on the road a couple nights a week. He has one of those 40x60 buildings located in an hobby/business area with about 20 of the same. Apparently there's an option to give your FedEx driver the door code to have them place inside. He did that for about 3 months until they left his door unlocked. He complained and had driver notes added for all future deliveries. About a month after that, the driver just didn't leave the door unlocked, but wide open - like never even closed the door open lol. He has a large package shed outside now and hasn't had anything stolen... yet.

Old 03-02-2024, 02:49 PM

Often Fed ex uses privite carriers and some of them suck!
A few years back they emailed and said the packege was delivered at 4;45 my shop closes at 4;30 thet went as far as to fake my signature!
It was a K&N intake tube and filter for the wifes Chalenger , I found it two dayslater in a stack of creates sitting near the fence, thet just pitced it over the 10' fence!!!

Old 03-02-2024, 02:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Camera time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardo View Post
They do it to me constantly. I have a covered front porch, and they will always put the packages in front of my garage door, in the rain, and right in the middle of the door so that I have to stop and get out and move the package to pull into the garage. My FedEx driver is an absolute jackass. He also has driven through my landscaping and run over $200 worth of landscape lighting.Twice. Filed a report, nothing. If i could, I would make certain that FedEx never brought anything to my house.
Set up a cam and make a video on youtube!

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge
The Following User Says Thank You to SRR For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2024, 03:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Worst problem I've come across is FedEx Dallas, out of the Grapevine location. They must be severely understaffed, or they surely were about a year ago.

I send parts ahead to a customer site on a Tuesday and fly there Wednesday. Facility is a truck place fully fenced, closes at 5pm. They attempt delivery at 7:30pm. I'm waiting all day, it was Priority, 10:30 AM guarantee.

Thursday, wait all day, tracking says out for delivery, no package by 5pm again.

Bad weather (80mph gusts) blows in, I go to Grapevine FedEx after biz closes and wait to intercept my parts until after 7 PM, truck still an hour from returning, I ask for a will-call hold at facility...

I get part at 9 AM Friday, head to client, install part, still need further work. Flight home at 1, gotta get off site 10:30. Had to reschedule visit to complete repairs. Entire trip was wasted., customer down another couple weeks while we jam them back into our schedule.

Customer tells me during visit that they've had the FedEx guys just toss packages over fence after hours in recent days, after tracking showed delivered and they'd walk the property to find packages by fence line, under trucks, in bins, what a mess

Last edited by einstein; 03-02-2024 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-02-2024, 03:33 PM
Senior Chief

We have a covered porch and FedEx almost always balances the packages on the edge of the step. Half the time they fall off and every time it rains they get soaked.

They also delivered a package (hydraulic pump) to a house a few blocks from me with a pic of that house and were adamant it was “delivered”. The seller (Zoro.com) stepped up and covered a free replacement. They are great.

UPS is actually worse for me. Honestly about 75% of our packages from them are delivered open. They once delivered a truck mount crane that was supposed to have over 100 pieces that was re-boxed in a generic box with plastic wrap. I received 14 pieces (mainly just nuts/bolts).

Old 03-02-2024, 04:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Our Fed Ex driver leaves our packages on the back covered deck, he even leaves a dog biscuit on top of the package for our dog..........

I live in a rural farm area, and people out here just seem to have more respect, and want to do a good job. USPS also carries dog biscuits on their truck, and the girl that delivers our mail is very nice, and personable, never too much in a hurry that she can't talk to you for a minute.

That however just seems to be the difference between people that live/work in a rural setting, as opposed to a urban setting. I've lived in both settings, and have always noticed that when you get away from cities, the people have much different attitudes, about life, and work ethics.

If you're broke down on the side of the road in the country, you can almost bet someone will stop, and offer to help you, it's almost like stepping back in time in our nation, when people watched out for their fellow human beings. In the town/city, not likely to get any offers of help.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following User Says Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2024, 05:53 PM

I haven't ordered much in the last 4-ish years but have had decent service, most leave the package inside the screened porch which is covered. Had a couple of things not delivered which were noted as delivered with a picture taken in my front porch. I assume the driver kept it for themselves. I reside in an area where only 4 percent of the US population can afford to live and top 20 safest towns in the US, so nobody is stealing packages out here, at least for now. No complaints from the neighbors I chat with, anyway.

UPS has always been the great destroyer of larger/heavier packages for at least the last 25 years in my personal experience. I hear this is common from others, including a friend that works at a large shipping/receiving dock. Fed-Ex destroys them at a smaller rate but everybody is outsourcing work these days so my past experiences with them isn't very applicable now.

Old 03-02-2024, 06:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey ... my FEDEx guy leaves a dog biscuit too .. so much for thinking my dog was special.

Old 03-03-2024, 12:15 AM

I think the downhill slide with FedEx (and other delivery services) accelerated greatly when Amazon started doing their own deliveries. Their guys are the absolute worst at leaving packages in bad places, throwing boxes, not delivering them, leaving them in the elements, etc. Once this started to become "the norm," the others picked up the pace to follow suit.

On Feb 16, I packed my horns from my '63 (and a lot of bubble wrap) in a box which was an 8" cube. I sent this FedEx Ground from my place on Long Island, NY to Gary at the Horn Works in Beloit, Wisconsin. (I have spares, but they are in really rough shape.)

On Feb 21, I received the following picture as "proof of delivery." Good thing they sent the picture. Sheesh. Prize to the first guy who spots a box - any box - in the picture, let alone an 8x8x8 cube.

The good news is that Gary really did get them, and confirmed for me this morning that he's all done and just waiting for the paint to dry to send them back.

Just makes you wonder, though: What are these guys thinking? Do they like to wonder about their packages or come home and find them waterlogged? No, don't answer that. The bottom line is lack of care. (And I shouldn't generalize; our FedEx drivers at our office in Leesburg, VA are very good, and come into the office for deliveries, rarely leaving stuff outside, and when they do, they're very careful.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DeliveryPicture.jpeg
Views:	96
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	629717  

'63 Bonneville Convertible
'56 Safari
'82 Firebird SE
Old 03-03-2024, 02:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

UPS is no different. Had a shipment broken in transit. Buyer opened the box, saw it broken and refused delivery with the UPS driver standing there. Buyer took pictures and sent them to me and I filed a claim with UPS. So far they have refused to honor it. No wonder they are laying off 12,000 people and shutting down the Portland distribution center. Hope I and all the people I have shown the above paperwork to had something to do with it.

Old 03-03-2024, 11:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I’ve had several UPS guys told me never put a fragile label on the box!!!

Old 03-03-2024, 12:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Never had much of an issue with package deliveries....they only exception is when the driver veered off my driveway about 2 years ago and then decided to drive 40' through my newly sodded lawn....got stuck and had to be towed out. Created a hell of a mess that ended up costing them a bunch of money.

Old 03-03-2024, 12:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I ordered Omaha steaks one time they showed up 3 days late that was a stinking mess.