Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 04-15-2002, 05:17 AM

Our 66 Pontiac Tempest Custom was stolen out of a storage facility Mid Feb in Colorado Springs, CO. It is a blue 2 door hardtop WA tag (if still on ) HXE982, VIN # 235176K603330, bdy in good shape except for minor dents on drivers side and a rigged rear axle(broke and was repaired).
When parked this car had a non-working engine in the car an another spare engine in a trailer that was parked with the car...both the car and trailer were taken niether engine was working at the time. My husband and I are both military and currently stuck in South Korea so we are unable to track the %$%#@* that took our car. If anyone sees this vehicle please notify local police (there has been a report made) and E-mail me at Sunlover_72@yahoo.com
Thanks for you attention,
SPC Trish McMurphy
US Army
the following URL has more info,a pictureand hubby's addy---
http://pub37.ezboard.com/fwilsonraci...icID=954.topic

[ April 15, 2002: Message edited by: sunlover_72 ]

[ April 15, 2002: Message edited by: sunlover_72 ]</p>

Old 04-15-2002, 05:17 AM

Our 66 Pontiac Tempest Custom was stolen out of a storage facility Mid Feb in Colorado Springs, CO. It is a blue 2 door hardtop WA tag (if still on ) HXE982, VIN # 235176K603330, bdy in good shape except for minor dents on drivers side and a rigged rear axle(broke and was repaired).
When parked this car had a non-working engine in the car an another spare engine in a trailer that was parked with the car...both the car and trailer were taken niether engine was working at the time. My husband and I are both military and currently stuck in South Korea so we are unable to track the %$%#@* that took our car. If anyone sees this vehicle please notify local police (there has been a report made) and E-mail me at Sunlover_72@yahoo.com
Thanks for you attention,
SPC Trish McMurphy
US Army
the following URL has more info,a pictureand hubby's addy---
http://pub37.ezboard.com/fwilsonraci...icID=954.topic

[ April 15, 2002: Message edited by: sunlover_72 ]

[ April 15, 2002: Message edited by: sunlover_72 ]</p>

Old 04-16-2002, 02:06 AM
Senior Chief

Trish

Great idea on posting it here. We pretty much have the entire States covered. Hopefully one of us will find it.

Sorry about your loss though.

Keep us informed

Old 04-16-2002, 08:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What a bummer. Hard to believe anyone would steal from service people while they are out of the country protecting us. Lets find the jerk and do a sex change operation on him.

Old 04-16-2002, 11:37 PM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

If the storage facility was a locked one and had gates they also have cameras. I suspect an Inside job with someone that works the Facility as the culprit! Sue the storage place!

Old 04-17-2002, 08:25 PM

Nobody deserves that!!!! My brother had his 66 4-speed Tempest stolen 12 years ago, and was never recovered. Not only did some scum get his pride & joy, but $1200 in tools in the trunk. Believe it or not he was home at the time and the car was in the driveway!!!! When his girlfriend got off work she asked him where his car was and he replied ' parked right outside', When he went to look all he found was several small pieces of class where the car was parked. All we can figure is they broke the vent window and pushed it down the strrt to a waiting trailor. You went to great lenghts to ptotect your car and they still got to it. I can only imagine that you felt the same my brother did. He actually cried[ and I don'y blame him]. I always keep my eyes open for anything that looks out of place. If someone else had seen my brothers car being pushed down a dark street to a trailor and done anything, we could have stopped the rat. I know the chances are slim that your car would surface in Minnesota, but I give you my word that this is one pontiac fanatic that will always be on the lookout for you. If it helps in anyway my brother's story had ahappy ending [if you can call it that]. I located another 66 tempest for sale that was a 326 2-barrel bench seat, hubcap ugly brown that had 66k on it and was owned by a " little old lady". We parted out a black bucket/console 67 Lemans/ stipped the car down and rebuilt repainted it to match the one he lost. We even found a 400 out of a 68 Bonny and stuck in a 400 turbo. It never really replaced his beloved 4 speed car, but we formed a close bound during that two year period that can never be stolen by anyone!!!!!! Again, sorry it happened, hope I can be of some help and remember, PONTIAC OWNERSHIP IS ABOUT PRIDE, CLASS AND KICKING A$$ HE stole the first, lacks the second and deserves the third, BIG TIME!!!! Hang tough we're with you all the way!!
Doug, 67gto covertable owner, with pride, always ready to kick a$$

Old 04-19-2002, 07:50 PM
Senior Chief

you should post it on the gto list too the more eyes open the better. <gto@ultimategto.com>

Old 07-30-2002, 11:52 AM
Senior Chief

Was over there in 96-97, know whats its like being away from the rest of the world, makes it hard. I hope you find the sorry f!ck who stole your stuff.

Will