Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2000, 06:50 PM
Suspended

Some maggot(s) stole Paul Spotts' '69 Firebird 9 sec race car this past week.

Paul's car has been seen in national magazines and at several Pontiac events across the country in the last 8 years. Paul's car has a long history of association with Performance Years and most recently, with his new business venture named Spotts Performance. The car may be seen at WWW.SpottsPerformance.com

Not surprisingly the empty trailer, ransacked and devoid of tools and other racing supplies, was found in New Jersey. Ya gotta love that state and everything about it.

Anybody in the New York, New Jersey or Pennsylvania areas who sees any high performance Pontiac parts from Paul's car at swap meets or advertised in local parts rags should be suspicious and may call Paul at 215-362-2336. Paul can provide details of every part on that car.

Thanks, guys.

[This message has been edited by Scott Misus (edited 02-25-2000).]

Old 02-25-2000, 06:50 PM
Suspended

Some maggot(s) stole Paul Spotts' '69 Firebird 9 sec race car this past week.

Paul's car has been seen in national magazines and at several Pontiac events across the country in the last 8 years. Paul's car has a long history of association with Performance Years and most recently, with his new business venture named Spotts Performance. The car may be seen at WWW.SpottsPerformance.com

Not surprisingly the empty trailer, ransacked and devoid of tools and other racing supplies, was found in New Jersey. Ya gotta love that state and everything about it.

Anybody in the New York, New Jersey or Pennsylvania areas who sees any high performance Pontiac parts from Paul's car at swap meets or advertised in local parts rags should be suspicious and may call Paul at 215-362-2336. Paul can provide details of every part on that car.

Thanks, guys.

[This message has been edited by Scott Misus (edited 02-25-2000).]

Old 02-25-2000, 07:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Ditto Scott. Paul, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Let's catch this low life scum, Indians tended to frown on horse thieves, I think this applies.

Old 02-25-2000, 07:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

God, I just can't believe it, my heart drop when I read the topic head line, man what an awful thing to have happen, Paul if I can be of any help just let me know.

Old 02-25-2000, 09:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

thanks guys - i posted another topic not knowing this one was here. I hope no one has this happen to them - its like a death.

East Coast Pontiac engine builder - still going strong
4 month waiting list
email spotfam@verizon.net

1981 Trans Am 455 w/6X heads 4 speed 4 wheel disc (for sale)
1969 Trans Am clone 9.79 at 139 so far
1964 Banshee clone project - Opel GT platform
Old 02-25-2000, 09:34 PM

PAUL, I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR CAR. I AM SURE THAT GOD WILL PUNISH THE THIEVES. I WILL KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR ANY SUSPICIOUS PONTIAC HIGH PERFORMANCE PARTS.

Old 02-25-2000, 10:24 PM

Paul,
I will keep my ears open for performance parts being sold or traded in that area. I have alot of connections in Pontiac Parts south Jersey. Know a few guys who actually like those type of parts. I will call you if I hear of anything going on over here. Very sorry to hear of your loss. Someone knew that car was in there and I would ask the shop if they have any customers in that area or knew the car was there.

Old 02-26-2000, 12:34 AM

Paul,
Sorry to hear about the car!! Hope you can catch the ------'s that did it!! Had the same thing at my shop last year. Broke in and loaded an IMCA Modified into an S&S enclosed trailer and took off. Unfortunately nothing has been found to date. I will keep an eye out here in the midwest.. Go to alot of Swap meets. Again I am sorry to hear. Probably some jealous Chevy owners. MarkZ

[This message has been edited by MarkZ (edited 02-25-2000).]

9:69 @ 136.88
Auto Body Unlimited Racing Division
Old 02-26-2000, 06:40 AM

Paul...shocked is my reaction to this terrible news. Scott's use of the word maggot doesn't quite illustrate these low-life scum and if they can read this, damn them to hell for their criminal acts. What a horrendous loss it is to you Paul and the Pontiac enthusiast community! Bill Boyle

[This message has been edited by Bill Boyle (edited 02-26-2000).]

Old 02-26-2000, 08:52 AM

Sorry to hear about your car Paul. I hope those low lifes are caught and brought to justice. Some people don't know how to work for what they want so at our expense they take it. There should be a law in our country to chop off the hand or hands of the thief or thieves, then we would live in a much better land.

Old 02-27-2000, 12:42 AM

Paul, sorry to hear about your bird.There have been a rash of those type of thefts in the area where i work lately.Hopefully they catch the bast#%*ds, anyone low enough to steal like that deserves to die a slow and public death. If anything fitting your description shows up in this area i'll let you know.
I know that this next statement isn't very comforting but it is meant to help. Check out any local lakes or boat ramps,reservoirs,ect. These areas are where the scum have been dumping what is left over in this area. I hope that this is not where your car turns up. You may also check out ebay, if they are dumb enough to steal something as unique as your bird than they may be dumb enough to try to auction it there.
Good luck and if i can help let me know . mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Closed Thread