Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 09-04-2003, 08:13 AM

I was concerned about leaving the nice aftermarket radio in the dash of my 70 Lemans when I got it last year. The radio is really nothing special (about a $100 bucks new), but hear in Reading, PA (the drug and crime capital of the East; even Philly is a better place to live than here ) they will steal anything. The thing that sucks about newer radios is that they all “look” like they’re really expensive and thus are potentially more enticing to a thief.

The big issue for me is not that they will get the radio, but rather the damage they will do to the car to get it (smashed window, destroyed dash, cut wires, etc.). So, for now, I have a big hole in the dash where the radio goes.

Old 09-07-2003, 09:18 AM

my system is only a threat to those that would try to steal and could be chocked up to just a worn wire.looks total accidental.And if it stuns them as well as setting of alarm then I can be there to catch them in the car trying to steal.Gee officer i dont know wht happened justt found this idiot sitting heremy alarm system is via a pager so i get silent notification regardless of wires being cut or what the minute they open the door.then I get to talk to them first!:]

Old 09-25-2003, 08:13 PM

Friend of mine, in the country soldered fish hooks onto the bottom of his deck. He actualy caught a guy who had been stuck there ALL NIGHT in extream pain. With his hand still caught, he beat the s**t out of him. The thief didn't sue but he could have, and he would have wone.

--------------------------------

Why live in a box when you can live in a circle...

Old 09-26-2003, 07:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That fish hook story is the funniest thing I have ever heard! I'm just sitting here laughing my @ss off thinking about your buddy pounding the crap out of a guy with his hand caught up under his dash. That is classic! Talk about caught red handed HA HA!!!

Old 10-24-2003, 09:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to liljg

I have my cd Kenwood CD player mount in my glovebox. I also left the stock AM radio in the dash. That way it looks lie the only radio is old piece of junk even the lowest crack whore would not want!!!

Dave Whipple

Old 10-31-2003, 12:23 PM

The Razor Wire defense is valid. Just like razor wire is legal on fences to protect unwanted intruders you would need to post a sticker on the dash stating a warning of injury. I don't thing your local thief will report it and you could say it was a installation left over if it came to a possible court issue. With all the alarms in the world The best anti theft device for a car is proven to be the removal of the coil wire.

Import Drag racing, the special olypics of drag racing!