Industry Stuff new repro's, updates, other info.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default '76 Trans Am Parking Brake Kit

I looked through an older paper version of the catalog and did a search of the online catalog, and I don't see a complete kit that PY offers for the parking brake of a '76 Trans Am. Mine is all cut up/missing.

I see that competitors offer kits (though one says it is not for true dual exhaust cars) but would prefer to stick with PY if possible. Am I just not seeing it?

Old 07-06-2012, 10:12 AM
PY Staff - Tech

Hi,
Yes PY does carry them, they never made it in the previous catalog. Part #'s are RFU112C for OEM and RFU112CS for stainless steel.

Thanks!
Ed

Old 07-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed at PY View Post
Hi,
Yes PY does carry them, they never made it in the previous catalog. Part #'s are RFU112C for OEM and RFU112CS for stainless steel.

Thanks!
Ed
Great news, Ed! Can you tell me if the kits will work on a car with true dual exhaust? Not seeing them here at PY, I called a competitor. They told me their kit was not for cars with true duals, and suggested I call The Right Stuff for more info, who I assume to be their supplier.

If the kit you have can be used on my cars with duals, I'm buying it.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:02 PM
PY Staff - Tech

Hey Bull,
I have never heard that before and neither has any of my tech guys here. We do get that kit from The Right Stuff and i called them just to make sure and they said they have never heard of that either. So it sounds like it is good to go.

Ed

Old 07-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Great news. I will be ordering it from you tonight.

A certain other company in New Hampshire has a note in their catalog about it not fitting dual exhaust cars.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ed, last question. Does that kit include literally all the pieces in the e-brake system? If my car has none of the factory e-brake components after the pedal, this will get me to where I need to be?

Old 07-09-2012, 08:58 AM
PY Staff - Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
Ed, last question. Does that kit include literally all the pieces in the e-brake system? If my car has none of the factory e-brake components after the pedal, this will get me to where I need to be?
Yes that will include everything