Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Old 06-15-2017, 06:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccass View Post
Now Mitch.......
Chris, not Mitch.

What's the latest on the weather?

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 06-15-2017, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Chris, not Mitch.

What's the latest on the weather?
Fu%$ I always get you two mixed up on the forums! Sorry.

That's also something Mitch would absolutely say also.

Weather:

Friday- variable cloudiness with a couple of showers.
Saturday- Variable cloudiness, a shower or thunderstorm in spots in the afternoon.

The 3rd year we did the Open House we had this exact forecast and after 7 years, that year was still the best weather we have had.

I understand the work that goes into these cars. However, if my car gets rained on, it's no different than carefully bucket washing it. The problem lies in having to actually drive or open tow the car when the roads are wet. This forecast does not reflect a high probability of that happening.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccass View Post
For all who hang around after the BBQ, I plan on opening up the Pypes trailer bar for those that want to hang for a bit. I have a couple of new drinks I need some test feedback on someone.
you know me and missy will be there!

Old 06-16-2017, 09:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool - I'll be there tomorrow!

Old 06-16-2017, 11:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Zeek View Post
you know me and missy will be there!
I would hope so, your only like 15-20 minutes away!!!

Old 06-16-2017, 03:06 PM

Chris,
Is the '68 R/A II FB Vert gonna be there tomorrow?

68 Mustang FB-Green/Black (Bullitt)
Old 06-18-2017, 08:03 AM

A great day! Big thanks to the Pypes crew and all who contribute to this show. What an impressive field of cars. Saw old friends and made new ones including Leo and Leo another father and son Pontiac team. They were nice enough to share their tent with us when the sky opened briefly in the morning. The Long Island crew were a hoot! Can't wait to see those guys again! Meeting Sean from UltimateGTO was icing on the cake. So nice to have one of the best Pontiac gatherings only an hour away. Hit a little weather on the way back to the Lehigh Valley but it was well worth it. We'll clean up our cars with a smile.

Jason and Terry Daubert
65 GTO and 61 Catalina

Old 06-18-2017, 09:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Weather was poor at best but everyone persevered and the show went on.

Monumental effort on Chris & crews part - applaud them for it!

Old 06-18-2017, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubert20 View Post
A great day! Big thanks to the Pypes crew and all who contribute to this show. What an impressive field of cars. Saw old friends and made new ones including Leo and Leo another father and son Pontiac team. They were nice enough to share their tent with us when the sky opened briefly in the morning. The Long Island crew were a hoot! Can't wait to see those guys again! Meeting Sean from UltimateGTO was icing on the cake. So nice to have one of the best Pontiac gatherings only an hour away. Hit a little weather on the way back to the Lehigh Valley but it was well worth it. We'll clean up our cars with a smile.

Jason and Terry Daubert
65 GTO and 61 Catalina
Some pretty powerful reasons why we do the show each year.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Weather was poor at best but everyone persevered and the show went on.
:
Now Chris.....you must have either hung around after the show or got caught in rain on the way home again. For the show itself, we really were quite lucky compared to others close by. We got those showers until 10am and then got in the entire show without additional rain. And without the Sun, it was actually a pleasant day temperature wise.

I just kept picturing what a disaster it would be if another one of those downpours hit at lunch time, when the band was playing or during the awards announcements!

My major concern for the future is this; We had 2 years in a row with less then desirable weather and the year before that, many people didn't think there was a show because of our deal with Ames and the moving of the forums to another url.

In order for the show to continue, it needs to return to the size it was in 2014. There's no more GM Carlisle. The GTOAA and POCI nationals are normally quite a long distance. IMO, there isn't a better venue with a better crew at a better time of the year to have such an event. If everyone would like to have a large, well run Pontiac event like this continue, it has to be supported by a wider audience. From talking to car owners, spectators and vendors who attended, despite the weather, all were unanimously IN again for next year. So it is literally up to all Pontiac enthusiasts who were not in attendance, to make it happen.

If we keep the show on the same dates, next years event will be 3 days before the GTOAA nationals which is going to be held 30 minutes from our facility. I will be reaching out to the GTOAA club in hopes that we can come up with some ideas that will potentially make that week the largest Pontiac enthusiast gathering we've ever had out east.

Old 06-18-2017, 10:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

We did luck out and some great cars showed up despite the weather. We were lucky that it stayed clear really for the duration of the show and I applaud your efforts for coping with the difficulties.

So that others have an idea of what you dealt with...

https://youtu.be/qQcXk-BEZQU

And yes, I did get caught in the rain on the way home, several times. After over 400 miles and 7 hours driving in one day it was a little tiresome. Hopefully next year more of our friends will show up & I can do the two day deal again.

Old 06-18-2017, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
We did luck out and some great cars showed up despite the weather. We were lucky that it stayed clear really for the duration of the show and I applaud your efforts for coping with the difficulties.

So that others have an idea of what you dealt with...

https://youtu.be/qQcXk-BEZQU

And yes, I did get caught in the rain on the way home, several times. After over 400 miles and 7 hours driving in one day it was a little tiresome. Hopefully next year more of our friends will show up & I can do the two day deal again.
Ha! I was there when you took that video from the Pypes Show Bar. I contemplated destroying the evidence in movie like fashion!

Ahh! 400 miles and 7 hours of that unsettled weather and I fully get it! AND you are the type of Pontiac Enthusiast we need just a few more of. It's guys like you, Rob & Carol , Mitch, Wolf Feist, mike Spizirri, Paul Spotts, Rick Mahoney, The Zeek family, Mary Ann Gray, Keith Vrabic, The long Island crew, Sean Mattingly, Vick Schrek, just to name a few. These are the type of people that not only participate in our hobby but also foster growth and help give us memories of so many rewarding experiences over the years.

These are Pontiac people that just popped into my mind that I associate with our event for the past 7 years. Please don't take it personal if I didn't mention your name because there are so many more. I just don't have time to think of everyone right now.

I have a some very good ideas for next year. I'm going to run them by the staff and see what they think and then we'll run them past the membership for some feedback. Stay tuned.

Last edited by Ccass; 06-18-2017 at 12:40 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks to all involved in putting this show together it was a great time!!! The weather didn't help early AM but it turned out great considering. Always great to see old Pontiac buds and meet a few new ones. There were some absolutely fantastic cars there, my favorites were Rick Mahoney's 69 TA conv, Ken Colacino's 69 Judge w RA V, and Steve Segal's SD Formula survivor. Definitely worth the 3hr drive from OC, looking forward to next year already!

Old 06-18-2017, 01:10 PM

Caught in the rain twice. Coming and going home. Worth it both times. Good job to all the Staff and Crew.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 06-18-2017, 02:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks to all who were involved in putting on the show. The boy and I enjoyed it immensely. And he got quite he kick out of someone recognizing him from the Hemmings article on the 455 engine build in his Great-Grandmother's 75 Firebird. (the infamous photo of him wearing sandals while torquing the head bolts)

The rain didn't dampen our spirits at all. The car was dusty from sitting in the garage so it needed a good rinse anyway.

We had to leave around at 3:00 because my son was was invited to a high school graduation party by the girl who was graduating. (he's 16, so that was quite an honor to be noticed by an 18 year old lady!!!).

Thanks for inviting us. Next year we'll bring the Gramma car and the boy can finally drive it there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3420.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	457113  

Old 06-18-2017, 02:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I made it to the show but without my GTO. Radiator problems wouldn't let me bring it. Tho I did get the Cold Case radiator I ordered last week. Now to get it installed.

I had to leave while it was still raining in Hatfield but half way down the NE Extension I ran out of it. Low an behold it poured when I got back to New Castle at 12:30pm.... not once but several times throughout the remainder of the day. You guys were lucky up there not getting what we did south of you. You would have needed canoes to get around the show field. LOL

With the GM Nationals gone, I'd say Chris will have the largest show on the east coast if the weather will be good next year. And the largest Pontiac show on the east coast other than the GTOAA and POCI National show It's always been the largest Pontiac show I've seen when I could get there, and 2014 was proof of that. Prior years were pretty large too when the weather was good.

It was great to see you MaryAnn and Davis. As it also was to see the other forum members I met and recognized.

One suggestion for next year Chris.... name tags with your Forum name and your real name on them. It would make it so much easier to find someone and know those you run into without asking names. Just hand out a blank and let everyone fill it in.... forum member or not. I'm sure everyone would agree with this small request.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.

Last edited by GT182; 06-18-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:55 PM

Always a great time, and really was amazing how much fun we all had despite a "little bit" of rain!! Nice job, Pypes, and maybe the Long island crew may be able to pull off a "double show" roadtrip, and head over to the AA show right after yours!!

Old 06-18-2017, 07:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to RA6T7GTO

Great show as always,had a great time.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It just wasn't in the cards this year for us to make the trip out. We were reminded of that several times over the weekend with one finger salutes in texts and Facebook post. We'll be back next year and will keep spreading the word to enthusiast around our area and whomever will listen to us for next year. I personally would love to see another track day at Maple Grove or something like that on Sunday, like it was a few years back, just to add another reason for people to participate. Glad to here it was still a successful show given the weather issues this year.

Old 06-19-2017, 01:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks to all those that made the show an enjoyable success.
I spent the morning at the auction. I came home with some good buys!! The afternoon I walked the show & seen a few old friends.
I like the idea about the name tags......would be easier to meet people from here!
When I hit NJ the skies opened, a canoe would have sank!! I could barely see past the end of the hood at times. Total monsoon!!