Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Senior Chief

Default Anyone ever invented anything and taken it to market?

I've had an idea for years for a couple of small cheaply made items that just about anyone can use and would be ideal as a Walmart product. Thanks to a recent career change, I finally have the time to make some prototypes and take them to market but I have no idea where to begin. Making a few prototypes would be easy enough and I can do that in my garage.

I see the commercials all of the time for "Invent Help" but I'm skeptical of using any kind of company. I'd rather do it all myself if possible.

Anyone here ever invented anything???

If so, can you give me any direction? You're welcome to pm me here and I'll give you my email address.

Thanks!

www.dixiemusclecars.com
The Southeast's only online Community dedicated to the American Muscle Car!

2006 PBM GTO LS2
1995 Arctic White Trans Am LT1
1981 Trans Am Daytona Pace Car
1969 Gold Poly Firebird w/400
Old 12-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

There was a thead here a couple of months ago about patents and who had them. I believe atleast 6 members did have a patent but most were owned by the company they work for like Tom Vaught and ford.

Do a search for it.

Glen

Old 12-15-2007, 11:12 PM

I invented an air tool rack and sold it to Eastwood. Didn't sell enough to make any real money after insurance, tooling, material etc.

Learned a lot and didn't lose so.......

Larry

Old 12-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think even honest invention companies, if there are any, will have you sign over a majority of the profits with no guarantee that it will be successful.