Old 02-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hoog View Post
I have had both and can't tell one bit of difference in handling; but I can tell that the BIG Block trashes any small block any day in HP.
That's a given; especially those 180-200 hp 80s vets, then in 80 only the California ones had a freakin 305

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
‘95 Ford F-super duty 4wd 7.3 p-stroke
& countless Jeeps & off road vehicles.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hoog View Post
Chris

I have signature display turned off.
1969 Corvette.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:11 AM
Suspended

I'd trade you my 67 Grand Prix convertible, but while its a rare car...one of less than 205....its still in the project stage. lol Getting there with it, but not there yet.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:19 AM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

Pics and trade value would be good

Old 02-22-2013, 03:38 AM
Suspended

Pics I could get you if you send me your email. Mine is herculeaneffort@yahoo.com

As for value? I have no clue. Its a project still, but even complete I'm not sure that rarity makes it super valuable? Just valuable to me. The cool factor it will definitely have. 3 speed Hurst shifter on the floor in the console. Total manual trans car production was 205.....but if you look in the tech forum for these cars ALL the ones you see were the optional 4 speeds. All I have is heresay that a few people have seen the base 3 speed in a convertible....ever.

And while some may not think the 3 spd desireable I find it cool....because all through the 60's pontiac didnt have a 3 spd strong enough for their V8s so they contracted with Ford....and its actually a Ford toploader 3 spd. Arguably the strongest manual trans ever built.

But very few cars in the big car lineup had one in the console on the floor...mostly the Grand Prixs. Most were on the steering column. So out of the 205 convertibles with a manual trans, I can only guess that not many had the 3 spd. I at least havent seen another yet myself.

I replaced the cowl due to rust, same with fenders, hood, core support. A low mileage extra 67 400 engine has been detailed and installed with new clutch. Have the original engine though and never had it running but it turns over smoothly and has 109,000 mi. Engine compartment and frame up front have been detailed. Replacement quarter on the passenger side is almost done. Work should be starting on the drivers side by next month and I expect her to be running by then. I have a new white top uninstalled. Interior is worn but not totally destroyed. Some small trunk damage spots but floors are good. I have a new fuel tank for it...dont know if the old one is bad...just picked up the new one from a friend.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:25 AM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

I dont' really care about rarity of anything; I'm just looking to do something different. It sounds like it will be a challenge to determine your value with the condition you have it in. The cowl replacement concerns me, a pic of what you did there would be nice. I'll send you and connection email.