Old 11-09-2015, 11:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I told you about mine. It is a rolling time capsule.Everthing about it was tastefully done from the first and second owners.But the thing that remains true is that it is wearing all of the original paint as well as the interior and motor are as original. I am still running my original exhuast manifolds. Original unrestored cars will bring more money than restored car's in most case's. Good luck in your venture.

Old 11-29-2015, 09:57 AM
Senior Chief

Still looking. thanks

Old 12-30-2015, 11:41 PM
Senior Chief

Still looking for the right car.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:19 AM
Senior Chief

Better make a offer on that SD.

Old 12-31-2015, 11:09 PM
Senior Chief

Would very much like to have that car but not quite what I am looking for, plus it is going to be expensive.

Old 12-31-2015, 11:20 PM
Senior Chief

Some of the favorites of mine would be a black on black 67 GTO HO 4 speed, 69 carousel with white interior and hideaways 4 speed Judge, 70 orbit 4 speed judge and 71 4 speed TA.

Old 01-01-2016, 12:22 AM
Senior Chief

All them cars are gonna be $$$$$$. Just say hell with it. You only live once.

Old 01-01-2016, 10:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

About a year ago ran into a guy with a 46,000 mile '67 GTO HO 4spd that was a factory Plum Mist car with black interior. Original owner, original paint. He wanted to sell the car but thought a fresh paint job would bring him better money. I advised him to just sell it as it was, then after a few months I was begging him to keep it original and unrestored. Last month I discovered the car was completely disassembled and stripped to bare metal......

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 01-01-2016, 11:15 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JOHN View Post
About a year ago ran into a guy with a 46,000 mile '67 GTO HO 4spd that was a factory Plum Mist car with black interior. Original owner, original paint. He wanted to sell the car but thought a fresh paint job would bring him better money. I advised him to just sell it as it was, then after a few months I was begging him to keep it original and unrestored. Last month I discovered the car was completely disassembled and stripped to bare metal......
I wish I had a shot at that one.

Old 01-02-2016, 12:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'd would have been interested in that car. I'm looking for a number 3 condition or better.

Old 01-02-2016, 01:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default NO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JOHN View Post
That is a SHAME!!!

46,000 mile HO.....really. Another Survivor lost.

I have owned three 67 HO cars and they kick ass!

1) 65 GTO Survivor. 43,440 Original Miles. “Factory” Mayfair Maize Paint with Black Pinstripe, Black Cordova Top, Black Interior, OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Purchased from the Lady that bought it new. Baltimore Built (11A).
2) 66 GTO Survivor. “Factory” Cameo Ivory Paint with Red Pinstripe, Red Interior. OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Tri-Power (OEM Vacuum Linkage), Automatic "YR" code (1759 Produced). Fremont Built (01B), with the Rare 614 Option.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I had a 67HO 4-speed with manual steering (a long time ago). A great car but turning at low speed was less than pleasant. It was lots of fun otherwise.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:45 PM
Senior Chief

Still looking, someone has to have something sitting around being neglected and collecting dust. I promise I will give it a lot of love and attention.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:25 PM
Senior Chief

Still looking

Old 02-27-2016, 10:33 AM

Default '65 GTO survivor with 72K miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDGEMAN70 View Post
Still looking
I may have contacted you some time ago - don't remember.

Anyway, here's what I have:
1965 GTO hardtop, white (one repaint by original owner in 1988), metallic red interior in near perfect condition, no rust, never had an accident, tripower automatic, total numbers/date codes matching, with options: day/night mirror, remote driver's mirror, console with vacuum gauge, AM radio (repaired and working) with rear speaker and reverb, rear fan type defroster, glove box, lighting options - under-hood light, ashtray, ignition switch, glove box, console, 5 new narrow whitewalls (confirmed re. PHS documents that original owner ordered that way and was only available on GTO). Power steering and brakes. Both of these have been added and are correct (PS system from '65 LeMans - have the original manual steering parts), I added the PB parts - correct new booster (sans the Delco-Morraine stamping) and master cylinder (I have original manual master cylinder). 1 year only spinner hubcaps, all original tinted glass, factory installed passenger visor mirror. I have added a 1970 GTO front stabilizer bar (have original) and coil-over rear shocks (great improvement to handling). I've probably forgotten something. Oh, this car still has the original working T-3 headlamps. Chrome is very good - just 51 years old in April. I am the 4th owner and have documentation confirming the mileage to be correct and it has always been a southern car originally purchased here in Georgia by owner who lived in SC who sold it to a nephew in VA then it came back to SC and I bought it from that owner in 2011 with 67K plus miles. The car runs and drives beautifully and the brakes are phenominal. Exhaust is 2 1/2" w/H pipe and has SS splitters (aftermarket). I guess that's about it. Oh, I have a correct vacuum carb system that I purchased for entry into AACA judging> I installed it and it works fine, but took it back off and I use the manual progressive linkage (which is safer). I also installed new roof rail weather stripping and inside rear window 'fuzzies'.

If This sounds interesting let me know and we can talk. Send me a PM if you want my phone number.

Frank

Last edited by FHummel; 02-27-2016 at 10:35 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 02-27-2016, 01:25 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHummel View Post
I may have contacted you some time ago - don't remember.

Anyway, here's what I have:
1965 GTO hardtop, white (one repaint by original owner in 1988), metallic red interior in near perfect condition, no rust, never had an accident, tripower automatic, total numbers/date codes matching, with options: day/night mirror, remote driver's mirror, console with vacuum gauge, AM radio (repaired and working) with rear speaker and reverb, rear fan type defroster, glove box, lighting options - under-hood light, ashtray, ignition switch, glove box, console, 5 new narrow whitewalls (confirmed re. PHS documents that original owner ordered that way and was only available on GTO). Power steering and brakes. Both of these have been added and are correct (PS system from '65 LeMans - have the original manual steering parts), I added the PB parts - correct new booster (sans the Delco-Morraine stamping) and master cylinder (I have original manual master cylinder). 1 year only spinner hubcaps, all original tinted glass, factory installed passenger visor mirror. I have added a 1970 GTO front stabilizer bar (have original) and coil-over rear shocks (great improvement to handling). I've probably forgotten something. Oh, this car still has the original working T-3 headlamps. Chrome is very good - just 51 years old in April. I am the 4th owner and have documentation confirming the mileage to be correct and it has always been a southern car originally purchased here in Georgia by owner who lived in SC who sold it to a nephew in VA then it came back to SC and I bought it from that owner in 2011 with 67K plus miles. The car runs and drives beautifully and the brakes are phenominal. Exhaust is 2 1/2" w/H pipe and has SS splitters (aftermarket). I guess that's about it. Oh, I have a correct vacuum carb system that I purchased for entry into AACA judging> I installed it and it works fine, but took it back off and I use the manual progressive linkage (which is safer). I also installed new roof rail weather stripping and inside rear window 'fuzzies'.

If This sounds interesting let me know and we can talk. Send me a PM if you want my phone number.

Frank
Frank, thanks for the response, sounds like a nice car and is tempting but I am really wanting a 4 speed car.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:47 PM

Default '65 GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDGEMAN70 View Post
Frank, thanks for the response, sounds like a nice car and is tempting but I am really wanting a 4 speed car.
With the condition of this car all you need to do is convert to a 4 speed, but I wish you good hunting. Thank you kindly for the response. Pass this along to anyone you might know as I really want to sell it to someone who will truly appreciate it for what it is.

I also have a beautiful '57 T-Bird for sale. Redone with many bells and whistles of the era.

Frank

Old 02-27-2016, 02:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A had an all original, 16k mile, '70 GTO, RA3, 3.90 rear, 4-speed a few years ago. I wish I had kept that one.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:15 AM
Senior Chief

Still looking. A never rusted repainted car would be OK also. Call 847_833_0919

Old 06-12-2016, 10:31 PM
Senior Chief

Still looking