Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2021, 04:15 PM

Default 1969 Pontiac GTO Coil springs - stock appearance what are most people using?

Good day

Looking to replace my coil springs on my 69 GTO JUDGE 4 spd no A/C. I am looking for close to factory but I dont want that "rake" tail dragging look I want it a bit higher. Right now my rear springs have a rubber spacer ( not my doing ) so it does not have a "rake" look. I did a search on posts already, most people that want stock appearance lean towards MOOG, some go with coil spring specialty which was more than Moog , was quoted $450 for all 4.

I called MOOG they dont have a part # for the fronts, said they never did at least the person I spoke to. Based on a receipt given to me by the previous owner over 20 yrs ago looks I have MOOG 5372 (which is for a tempest) in the front, I have no clue on the rears I have read most people get 5401? The one place I was working said they were going to give me 5450s( more of a chevelle spring) in the front which maybe too high.

Can you let me know what you had success/satisfied with ? And if you can provide the MOOG or part #s, Thanks!

Can