Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 05-10-2001, 10:10 PM

Purchased a set of 16x8 95 TA wheels cheap to put on my 71 GTO.I will have to purchase wheel spacers to make them fit due to all the backspacing the 95's have but I'm not sure which ones will work for the 70-72 body.Any help appreciated.

Old 05-10-2001, 10:10 PM

Purchased a set of 16x8 95 TA wheels cheap to put on my 71 GTO.I will have to purchase wheel spacers to make them fit due to all the backspacing the 95's have but I'm not sure which ones will work for the 70-72 body.Any help appreciated.

Old 05-14-2001, 10:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tom,
Try contacting Vette Brakes. You'll have to look them up in a Chevy rag- I don't have an e-mail for them right now-but they have all the stuff. It seems like Car Craft used some of their stuff about 4 years ago on a 60's Camaro. I know I've seen multiple mag articles on this over the years.
Good luck!

------------------
John

Old 05-17-2001, 05:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

www.vettebrakes.com

Not cheap, but high quality products and excellent customer service.

As for spacing, you'll want to shoot for a 4.75" backspacing. Measure the backspacing on the current wheels, then subtract whatever you need to get to 4.75", round to the nearest .25" and that's the size of your desired spacer.

I'm going to be running 2000 WS6 Trans Am wheels (17x9) with 285/40-17s on my Formula utilizing 1.5" spacers in order to achieve about 5.25" backspacing.

Check out a picture of what they should look like on my car at http://www.geocities.com/willhbaker/...eelchoice.html

-Will