73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Old 04-27-2009, 12:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default '73 Grand Am 4 Door Info?

Does anyone here own or know much about these 4 door '73 Grand Ams? I have a chance to pick one up for about $500-600. Water has leaked into the trunk and the PS footwell, so the carpet is shot and there is certainly some amount of at least surface rust in these areas. Owner says the only full-blown rot is a gnarly spot behind the PS rear door and the lower wheel-arch area. Beak is starting to disintegrate. Car was driven regularly until three years ago, and has sat unused since.

Old 04-27-2009, 05:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I would say that it is definatly woth $500.00, if the dash pad & door panels are as good as they look maybe more. If it runs and drives well, it is a bargain. The nose falling apart is a given on all 73-75 GA's It should have at least a 400 2bbl and maybee a 4 bbl or even a 455 under the hood. Looks like it has been repainted at least once, with the bondo poking out of the rust.
But if the interior panels are in decent shape go for it! Those are almost impossible to find. The plastic panels are 4-door/wagon parts. But the door panels are unique to the GA 4-doors.

78 Catlina Safari, Pontiac 400 powered
77 Astre Formula, 215 Buick V-8 T-5
73 Lemans Safari, 400 4bbl 4-speed
71 Catalina Enforcer, 455 4bbl
06 Mallet Solstice #024 LS2, Now with a Tremec 6060 6-speed!
2012 F-150 Echo Boost (My local Ford Dealer SUX!!!)
2020 Dodge Charger Scat pack (recovered)
Old 04-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's worth $500 in parts alone. Judging by the pictures, it'd be a handful, but if it ran and you had a place to keep it out of the rain and elements, it would be a fun car to drive around occasionally. Definitely won't be worth anything if restored, naturally.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

That is a good deal. I have always liked the sedan A bodies.

1977 Trans Am, 400/M21 Black/Gold Bandit. 44K actual miles

2017 Sierra SLT 1500 Z71 4X4

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 04-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via Yahoo to Pontiacmuscle

Very Cool Dave...Theres a red '73 GA 4dr w/ buckets, console etc....shes pretty far gone but If you needed anything off it Id chase after it for you.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Josh, you still have that wagon of yours?

Old 04-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Wagon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Josh, you still have that wagon of yours?
My previous post should have said theres a GA in a local yard....

Yes Sir I still have the wagon. Just moved her around today....I hate yardwork. Hows your growing family doing?

Old 04-28-2009, 12:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Josh, my wife is due in August...exciting days indeed.

How are your little ones?

Please let me know if that wagon of yours is for sale in the future.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The kids are awesome Dave; thanks for asking, they've been enjoying the heck out of the beautiful weather we've been having. I just bought Griffen a 50cc 4 wheeler to run around on and he's in heaven. Send me a request if your on Facebook and I'll add you so you can see all the pics.

I'm sure you'll be a great dad and eat it up.

The wagon is just sitting out there doing nothing. Should I decide to sell it; you'll be the first I speak to. Sorry to Hi-Jack your thread....

Old 04-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not at all, Josh. No hijacking IMO.

I do go to Facebook once in a while...I'll hit you up.

What condition is the wagon in these days? You don't family-cruise it anymore?

Old 04-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The wagons in good shape; it has a set of Crager S/Ss on it with RWL tires; replaced the steering box last fall and the battery is new. Hit the gas twice and it fires right up and runs good...it only has 80k original on it. I replaced a leaking valve cover gasket and the 400 is spotless inside. TH400 has a mild shift kit and trans cooler. I cut the converter off and added 2 1/2" single into a thrush muffler. The body is solid overall but needs a little TLC and paint to be perfect. It was Ziebart Undercoated new which I think saved it. Its one of approx. 2500 and Ive only seen 1 other on Ebay. I attached a few recent pics.

We bought a house on the Lake and moved so we've been busy with upgrades to the house so I havent cruised with the car since last fall. It really needs the windows tinted and something done in the stereo department IMHO....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0503.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	166901   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0504.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	166902   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0505.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	166903  

Old 04-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sure is a neat looking car. What year is it? If it had a cat converter, then it must be a '74 at least, right?

Old 04-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks Dave; it gets weird looks and waves alot. Its a 1975 Lemans Safari 6 passenger wagon. Came from Vermont, Went to PA where it sat in a warehouse most of the time, I bought it off Ebay when my son was born and picked it up in Carlislie and drove it back here where its been ever since. When I bought it had 74k on it. I also had the rear brakes entirely redone, new shoes, wheel cylinders, hardware and drums in the fall as well. I swapped in a new radiator, I THINK its a 5 core out of a '71 Bonneville and added a 7 blade fan....the original sprung a leak so I decided to upgrade a couple things...